cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is going on?

bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

ok guys so i've been on BB+ 2meg since i joined. A few weeks ago i upgraded to premier option 1 and applied for an "up to 8mb" upgrade.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55151

that's my post from this morn, notice my 2nd reply was before i found the problems ....

the package change went smoothly but since this morning my speed was upgraded, i've been having disconnects every few hours and gaming pings are spiking from 13 to 900+ and lagging when my ping is only 15.

pn, what is going on?

bikepump
36 REPLIES
ady
Grafter

what is going on?

This will happen when upgrading to 8mb, as your line is finding out what you can support. This "should" stop after 1-3 days and settle down.
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

ok ty illegal
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

ok i'm not sure whether or not these happenings should have stopped by now ... but they haven't. Since upgradeing my ping in-game spikes from 20-1000 and i get disconnects every 30minutes. This is a great shame. I looked forward to having speeds off 5.5mbps, now all i have is lag, ping spikes, disconnects and today i downloaded a http file a 100kB/s, so not even faster than when i was on 2meg.

Could a PN staff member please reply,

thanks
bikepump
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

what is going on?

When it disconnects is your router/modem losing sync (usually indicated by a flashing ADSL light)? If si I'd suggest taking a read through this:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

to see if anything helps, any incorrect wiring or filters could easily cause this.
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

well dave, in reply to your first quote no, it doesn't lose sync. the router still seems to be working visually, but the computers on LAN and wireless both fail to load internet pages, teamspeak disconnects, games lose connection etc.

this has only begun to happen since tuesdy, the day my line speed went from 2meg to 5.5 Sad

i've been on 2meg BB+ since i joined with none of these problems
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

what is going on?

you know I've actually considered asking for a speed decrease in order to get a better service....
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

what is going on?

Its a sensible idea for some folks. I've seen a few people who have been very happy after returning to fixed rate products.
N/A

what is going on?

Its a sensible idea for some folks. I've seen a few people who have been very happy after returning to fixed rate products.

Absolutely, the best thing i ever did was going back to fixed rate. Max was just an unstable hell, though im still having ping problems with certain games...but PN are working on it...slowly
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

so is it possible to decrease back to 2 meg, where i had none of these problems?

could a PN member of staff comment on this, and if it will stop my problems tell me how to go aobut doing it.

thanks,
bikepump Cheesy
N/A

what is going on?

It should be. I'd suggest raising a ticket asking them to do it. The worst they could do is say no! Wink
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

how long would this take?
N/A

what is going on?

Should only take a minute or two to raise the ticket, after that.... who knows Wink

Regrades to Max take about a week once they are submitted to BT, so I'd imagine that it will take at least as long. That is of course if/when PN agree to submit the order.
There should be no donwtime, although you will likely notice a disconnection when the actual downgrade happens.
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

tbh sallyandjamees, it'sbeen better the last few hours. I'll give it a day or two and hope it sorts itself out Smiley
bikepump
Grafter

what is going on?

OK guys, i just had a reply from the "fault team" (ticket no. 21732077)

basically the response implies that it is something i am doing which is causing these disconnects. The disconnects only started happening when i switched to maxDSL!!! Not before!

What can i do about switching back to my old line and stopping these disconnections (I've had 4 just tonight which is v. annoying whilst trying to game online)

Thanks,
bikepump