cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird problem

N/A

weird problem

I have two extension sockets from my main phone line, I have the filters in place ( supplied by plusnet) I have no problems getting on line and no problems ringing out or receiving incoming calls, but I also use a snooper (speed trap detector) and it needs to be updated over the phone line, everytime I try it will not connect. You might think ah the snooper is at fault, but I have taken it round a friends (who is also on broadband) and it works every time. I have tried disconecting the adsl modem, still no joy, if I remove all the phones and the modem yes I can connect with the snooper. One phone is hard wired and the other is a dect phone, plus I also have a caller display unit.
I must admit I have not tried all combinations (wife complaining about moving stuff about ) just wondered if anybody has had a simular problem and can help.
Thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

weird problem

See if your freind will lend you a microfilter, they can sometimes cause problems like this.

Chilly
Community Veteran

weird problem

Some microfilters work with devices like CLI and others don't. So it depends on what your device does to communicate as to whether your microfilter is at fault or not. As above, borrow a microfilter and see if it works in your house..
N/A

weird problem

Thanks for advice. When at my friends I tried it with a filter and without and in both cases it worked. One other point, after reading one or two threads I think I have got the main box that has also got a filter built in (can't remember the name) but my extension leads come from the rear of the box so I would assume it is a straight connection by passing the main filter. Hope you can understand what I mean.