cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird Problem

N/A

weird Problem

3 times this morning after about a half an hours surfing all of a sudden when I went to any webpage it wouldn't work.
I also tried to connect to ftp.plus.net using ftp client when this happened and it says "can't open socket" or something.
I even tried to go to the 3com routers diagnostic page and even that wouldn't come up.

The thing is Kazaa is still running and downloading, so I'm guessing I'm still connected.

If its the router again, boy I can't wait till I get the new one. If not, what is the problem?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: weird Problem

You may have stated the problem Kazaa I run xp and if you open taskmanager you often see Kazza takes 100% cpu and nothing else works or is so slow its not worth having. If you get the problem again try closing Kazza and make sute it is closed not just in the tray.

The only other problem could be the dns problems try setting your primery dns to 194.119.131.66 and see if it helps.

> 3 times this morning after about a half an hours surfing all of a sudden when I went to any webpage it wouldn't work.
> I also tried to connect to ftp.plus.net using ftp client when this happened and it says "can't open socket" or something.
> I even tried to go to the 3com routers diagnostic page and even that wouldn't come up.
>
> The thing is Kazaa is still running and downloading, so I'm guessing I'm still connected.
>
> If its the router again, boy I can't wait till I get the new one. If not, what is the problem?

N/A

Nope, nothing.

It disconnects, Kazaa continues running. So I closed that, and it still wouldn't connect to any webpage. so I restarted kazaa and now that didn't connect.
So basically if it stayed connected it would carry on fine, but when disconnected it wouldn't work.
And ftp client says cannont OPEN socket.

And the DNS didn't change anything.

Only way to sort the problem is the way you solve everything with windows. restart.

any ideas?
N/A

its hard to say in the current climate as there are loads of DOS attacks going on nocking out loads of thing,plus net have suffered as has DALNET which has been brought to its knees.

when you cant connect try some pings and see if you get domains names resolved. ie ping www.microsoft.com and some UK sites if it carnt find them by name try some by ip. if you get it by ip and not name then its dns. try a tracert(depends what o/s your running).

Are you running Kazza lite or the full? I would still suspect kazaa as even when you disconnect it if you have xp/2k its still there runing away.
It could work the other way that its keeping the connection live.

Did you have a router if so what are the timeouts on it?

Jan
> Nope, nothing.
>
> It disconnects, Kazaa continues running. So I closed that, and it still wouldn't connect to any webpage. so I restarted kazaa and now that didn't connect.
> So basically if it stayed connected it would carry on fine, but when disconnected it wouldn't work.
> And ftp client says cannont OPEN socket.
>
> And the DNS didn't change anything.
>
>
> Only way to sort the problem is the way you solve everything with windows. restart.
>
> any ideas?

N/A

It will not work by IP or by name.
It will not even go to my router page which usually does not need to be connected to the internet to access.
I don't know what tracert or timeouts are.

And I'm using kazaa lite on XP.

And another problem that has just shown its face, when i press ctrl+alt+del to get the task manager it just flashes on screen for half a second then closes. So i can't see if kazaa is open.