cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web pages still take quite long to load. why

N/A

web pages still take quite long to load. why

guys im runnin adsl and i was expecting that web pages should load in a matter of 1-2 seconds but it dont. i know it depends on the server but still.

can u give me more info.

although download times are wicked.
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: web pages still take quite long to load. why

> guys im runnin adsl and i was expecting that web pages should load in a matter of 1-2 seconds but it dont. i know it depends on the server but still.
>
>
> can u give me more info.
>
>
> although download times are wicked.

If you are referring to Plus Net pages then I agree!

hjm
N/A

We are constantly adding more web servers to our portal systems, but you must appreciate with millions of page impressions a day, it may take a second or two extra for one of our pages to appear over that of a low usage site.

Kind regards

Kevin
--
--
| Saeed Rahman ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> We are constantly adding more web servers to our portal systems, but you must appreciate with millions of page impressions a day, it may take a second or two extra for one of our pages to appear over that of a low usage site.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> --
>But why has this only become a problem in the last week?
Plus net service had been most impressive till then, with the current delay in downloading pages its now slower than my old dial up connection.
This would happen after I recommended plus net to a mate. He`s going to have my guts for garters if there`s no improvment by the time his line is activated!

Cheers,

Fred S

N/A

I am experiencing exactly the same problems except my connection is really really slow on everything i do! If im going to continue to get a rubbishly slow connection then Plus Net can think about lowering my line rental because I'm not gonna continue to pay for a sub standard service.

I also have recommended them to a few people because when i first had my DSL installed it was wicked...and then it just went rubbish.

I had BT on the phone this morning saying that they had sorted the prob at their end and it was down to plus net. To be honest i dont care whos fault it is , i pay plus net and not bt so plus net are responsible for whatever happens on my line.

Whatever is going on please sort it out!

Ok I'll step off my soap box now...Wink

Si
N/A

> you must appreciate with millions of page
> impressions a day, it may take a second or two
> extra for one of our pages to appear over that
> of a low usage site.

It's not just local Plusnet pages that are slow, but external ones also.

I did a crude test a few minutes ago with the following results:

www.microsoft.com - 43s from request to load
www.adslguide.org.uk - 32s
www.bbc.co.uk - 18s

Not instantaneous by any means you will agree. Does Plusnet employ a caching web proxy?

Alan
N/A

I'm having exactly the same problem - have done since this morning. Been with Plus Net ASDL for 2 years I think and never had a problem - but the pages are loading very very slowly today and there's no sign of anything on server status...... Bytes received is very low - only 1,206,491 in 22 mins - that's very low....... can you sort it Plus Net CSHuh?

> guys im runnin adsl and i was expecting that web pages should load in a matter of 1-2 seconds but it dont. i know it depends on the server but still.
>
>
>
>

N/A

I'm having exactly the same problems. My homepage is yahoo.co.uk and it takes a good 8 - 10 seconds to load when it does load and when it doesn't it takes about 5 refreshes before it actually kicks in. Happens on a lot of external sites, plusnet is usually ok tho.

Downloads are fine too. The PC itself is configured fine, brand new disk with a brand new OS.

There has to be issues here, n'cest pas

Matt
N/A

Hi All

I got a reply from Support - and they say there's no problems - but clearly there are - can you all raise tickets for this problem because we don't seem to be getting anywhere!!

>
>
>
>

N/A

Me too!! It's been on slow-go now for about a week...everythin else seems fine but web pages are taking aaaaaaaaaaaages. PlusNet...is something going on??

Not the pipe problems again please...I don't think i could take that again!!