cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanna quit PN

N/A

wanna quit PN

Why oh why must you guys charge so much for everything. I have now signed up for my new NTL cable broadband because its soooo much cheaper than paying all the charges that seem to pop up with plusnet. I had forgotten i couldnt quite unless I payed 100 quid so now im screwed.
Having already payed for like ten months it seems a little over the top to pay so much extra just because I am not happy with your service. As a student I canot afford all the regrade, moving house etc charges plusnet enforces, what the hell can i do now? Pay for three months of broadband i cant use (which is wot have been doin for the last three)?
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
:twisted:
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

wanna quit PN

Try Reading the TC's you are on 12 month contract for the first 12 months so if you quit you have to pay up the rest of the contract. Or you pay more per month to be monthly so just have to give the months notice with no penalty

So RTF/TC's
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

wanna quit PN

I did read the ToC and I knew about the charges, i did not consider i would want to quit b4 a year. But as i have now been paying for an account i am in no way using and considering the balance left to pay on my account must be less than the quit-out fine I think its a bit of a pain. PN is way too confusing and altho these charges may not be "Hidden" its not exactly clear wots going on, one look through these forums and you can see the confusion and annoyance they are causing.
But yeah I screwed myself over by being to quik to sign up to NTL and forgetting the quit-out charge, but RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! anyway.
N/A

wanna quit PN

Can i have your webspace?

Shockedops:
N/A

wanna quit PN

I read recently that PlusNet will pay for it's broadband customers to move to another ISP if they are unhappy with the service they get.

Apparently PlusNet will cover the £11 migration cost of moving to another ISP.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

wanna quit PN

@theattic thats only for new customers that joined after that offer, that are unhappy with their service. But not with existing customers.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

wanna quit PN

and only within 45 days of joining.
N/A

wanna quit PN

Oh.........I stand corrected.
Brickinit
Grafter

wanna quit PN

jilted
i trust you are not doing business studys
or economics :?
N/A

wanna quit PN

NTL is a cable internet network, unless you are in a non-cabled area (then you can get NTL's Freedom ADSL service). So I doubt it's a "migration" anyway.
Community Veteran

wanna quit PN

NTL's ADSL service uses datastream I think and there is no migration path from IPStream (which plusnet use) to datastream.
N/A

wanna quit PN

Besides I think the main point thats being missed is that most of the charges that have to be payed are due to BT charging pn to do the work, it would have been easyer for you to just keep paying PN for 3 more months cos that would have been cheaper than canceling outright.
N/A

wanna quit PN

jilted
i trust you are not doing business studys
or economics :?

lmao, fair point, no I am not but I am really good at not reading things properly and moaning Wink
and rbentley, yes you can have my webspace if you like but can i actually do that? and how?
Looks like im gonna be regrading to a monthly and cancelling or just riding out my contract, gonna cost me about the same woteva I do i think.
and sorry PN for bitching so much, you are actually a very good, helpful bunch and I have neva had any problems other than being too skint to pay for stuff.