Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

w-t-f is this c**p?

N/A

w-t-f is this c**p?

* Broadband Platform Update *

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We described in today's announcement the configuration changes we are making to our Broadband Platform. It has been identified that a small proportion of our Broadband customers (less than 0.3%) are using a significant amount of the available capacity (around 10%).

You are within the 0.3% of customers identified above, which means that so far, the platform's configuration has allowed you to use a disproportionate amount of the available capacity.

We currently over-provision the capacity of our platform in order to ensure that a high quality of service is maintained for all of our customers. Every customer is important to us, and so we want to find a way to continue providing your Broadband service without running the risk of affecting the overall quality of service.

We will be making changes to our Broadband platform that will take effect in 14 days' time, at which point you will be sharing platform capacity with other Broadband customers who have similar usage patterns to you. We will, of course, ensure that your Broadband service is still provided well above the design advertised on the website.

If you wish to discuss this issue further please visit the website and get in touch with our Customer Support Centre using `Contact Us` so that we can work together to minimise any effects.

Regards,

Customer Support.

I take it this means I have to now look for yet ANOTHER ISPHuh?

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): Thread locked in favour of this one, please keep all discussions of this issue in one place.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

w-t-f is this c**p?

See platform update. Been discussing this for hours.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

w-t-f is this c**p?

what it says is you download a lot so you the other 0.3% all get lumped together on the same contended pipe
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

w-t-f is this c**p?

Suffice to say I pay extra for the homeworkerPro connection, because I do EXACTLY that; rest assured ANY changes that impact on my business WILL result in all possible instances of litigation.
Community Veteran

w-t-f is this c**p?

You are on a contended ADSL connection. Nothing you can do about it as it's still within the terms of the product supplied by BT and offered by plusnet.

You will find nothing in any contract or T&C between you and plusnet that states you will always get a 2Mbs connection speed or be able to download xGBs of data.
N/A

w-t-f is this c**p?

@PeterVaughan
my apologies, I must of misread then.
It was MY understanding that I was to be placed on whats been termed a "heavy user" pipe. Contention aside, this SOUNDS like it would drastically affect my download/upload speads, therefore having a detremental affect on my business. It was with this in mind that I would of course be seeking renumeration via litigation.
I will contact Plusnet tomorrow with a view to moving over to a "full blown" business ADSL package Smiley