cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vista and voyager210

N/A

vista and voyager210

Re.Vista. After many useless phonecalls to plusnet and bt - as advised by tech support on plusnet..bought a voyager210 from BT but it comes with BT broadband. cannot use the disc. then told to download the driver section on the disc that came with the BT 210 voyager. But plusnet techs didn;t what or where they maybe. Anyone help please...
Voyager210 is Vista compatable
If you use the connection setup in Vista and use the eithernet connect or usb you still cannot get connected...
Trying to sort this out and get help either from BT or Plusnet is a frustrating hairplulling experience..I;m back on the old 105 - and reset up my old computer.HEllllpp
3 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

vista and voyager210

Hi,

I have just googled 210 and Vista and this has directed me to this page.

I don't know if this will help but it says the drivers are Vista compatable.
ian99

Re: vista and voyager210

Re.Vista. After many useless phonecalls to plusnet and bt - as advised by tech support on plusnet..bought a voyager210 from BT but it comes with BT broadband. cannot use the disc. then told to download the driver section on the disc that came with the BT 210 voyager. But plusnet techs didn;t what or where they maybe. Anyone help please...
Voyager210 is Vista compatable
If you use the connection setup in Vista and use the eithernet connect or usb you still cannot get connected...
Trying to sort this out and get help either from BT or Plusnet is a frustrating hairplulling experience..I;m back on the old 105 - and reset up my old computer.HEllllpp

FROM THE BT SITE
Pre-configured to work on UK ADSL lines
including AOL.
A usb driver is availible for download.
What happens if you try 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
OR if you are going back to old PC try the voyager on that
N/A

vista and voyager210

Hi, I am using a Voyager 210 successfully on Plusnet.
Firstly, I would suggest you forget USB setup, using Ethernet will be much easier and better performing.
With Ethernet they are no drivers to install either.

Best way to get it working is firstly connect your PC to the Router via the Ethernet cable. You should also go into Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Connections.
In LAN Settings click "Automatically Detect Settings".
Do not connect the router to the phone line yet but power up the router.The first and fouth lights should be on (the 4th one indicate the Ethernet is working).
Now in a browser enter 192.168.1.1 and you should get the primary menu for the router.
If not check your Ethernet connection status in Network Connections. If this is not working I would suspect your firewall settings.

Once this is working now enter your userid and password (as supplied by Plusnet) on the Connection Screen. Now connect your phone line - the second line should go green indicting it has synced with the exchnge. Now on the Connection Screen hit Connect and the 3rd line should go on - indicating connected.

You sound like you have the non-BT broadband locked version -if you don't you will get an error Connecting with a none BT userid. You need to install new firmware to circumvent this.

Best of luck, Richard