Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very very very slow adsl connection

N/A

Hi,
Up until last night my adsl connection was working perfect but now
It is gone very very slow I can’t even fill out a ticket I was waiting
5mins before the next page come up any ideas thanks.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I can only suggest switch of ADSL modem and leave disconnected from the line for 20-30 minutes.
This will reset the line card at the telephone exchange.
Then re boot PC and see if it's improved things.
N/A

I can only really suggest making sure you have the latest drivers for your modem. Also maybe try unplugging, then replugging the modem in to reset the connection.
N/A

Me too

I've only had ADSL for a few days but had exactly the same last night. The link was completely down for about 3 hours and when it did come back I was getting in excess of 85% packet loss. The kids were even asking if we could have Connie back - heaven forbid.

Switching the router off for 35mins didn't do a thing - I was sceptical in the first place. Does anyone know the answer to the following?....

I read somewhere that the card at the exchange supports up to four users. If that's the case then it would seem likely that you'd only actually get a card reset (at the exchange, as suggested by John Essex) if you were the ONLY one connected to it. Not sure, but anyway "cooling-off" certainly didn't work for me.

Anyway, went to bed and it's all smiles again today. Methinks the best fix (sometimes) is to do nothing.

Cheers... Spenser
N/A

There was a major service outage on the BT platform yesterday, that caused major residual effects accross a few ISPs.

This is likely to have been the cause of your issues.
N/A

Hi

I am still getting terrribly slow webpages. Started last night and still slow, slower in fact than my 56k Cry

doozer
N/A

Doozer, have you run the network optimiser provided by +Net?

This can be obtained by clicking on the Customer support link to the left, then on Network optimiser on the right.
N/A

I have heard that slow speeds can be also put down to a faulty ADSL filter on the line or maybe a phone plugged straight into the line without a filter.