cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using phone on ADSL line - question

N/A

using phone on ADSL line - question

Hi,

When you use the phone (via a microfilter) while ADSL is also being used, should the phone line sound completely clear, or are there supposed to be fine crackles in the abckground? I have this and I suspect it means the microfilters are faulty but I would like some conformation of this if possible.

Thanx for any feedback

Alan
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: using phone on ADSL line - question

I have the same problem, with the addition that using the phone causes the ADSL connection to be lost! Is it the microfilters?
N/A

I would clarify that these are normal analogue non-mobile phones.

Is your connection to your ISP lost when you use your phone, i.e. you need to login again, or just the ADSL connection to the exchange?

What make of filters do you have?

Alan

> I have the same problem, with the addition that using the phone causes the ADSL connection to be lost! Is it the microfilters?

N/A

My filter came late and I found I didnt need them as everything worked great without them. It may be worth trying without filters. I know there was batch of filters that came out which were faulty

> Hi,
>
> When you use the phone (via a microfilter) while ADSL is also being used, should the phone line sound completely clear, or are there supposed to be fine crackles in the abckground? I have this and I suspect it means the microfilters are faulty but I would like some conformation of this if possible.
>
> Thanx for any feedback
>
> Alan

N/A

It depends on the length of time from when the phone is used, sometimes it'll ping off and back on after a short while, other times a login is required. I'm guessing its a problem with the filters but not sure.
N/A

I have had ADSL now for almost a week and have exactly the same problem. When I go off hook the ADSL connection is dropped and then has to reconnect to the exchange.

>> Plus net, any comments on this, please ? <<<

N/A

> Hi,
>
> When you use the phone (via a microfilter) while ADSL is also being used, should the phone line sound completely clear, or are there supposed to be fine crackles in the abckground? I have this and I suspect it means the microfilters are faulty but I would like some conformation of this if possible.
>
> Thanx for any feedback
>
> Alan

According to BT "some degradation of line quality" may occur but I suppose most people don't notice. I think it's normal. Granny can't hear it!

N/A

Degradation of line quality is all very well (unfortunately I'm not as deaf as your granny!) but the line dropping every time the phone is used is definately not normal. I'm thinking of buying some Fujitsu microfilters but I'm still waiting to hear how PlusNet will reimburse me for this. (PlusNet, if your listening...!!!)

Alan

>
> According to BT "some degradation of line quality" may occur but I suppose most people don't notice. I think it's normal. Granny can't hear it!
>
>

N/A

> Degradation of line quality is all very well (unfortunately I'm not as deaf as your granny!) but the line dropping every time the phone is used is definately not normal. I'm thinking of buying some Fujitsu microfilters but I'm still waiting to hear how PlusNet will reimburse me for this. (PlusNet, if your listening...!!!)
>
> Alan

Are you using call-waiting? If so, DON'T!! It makes the line drop.

N/A

>
> Are you using call-waiting? If so, DON'T!! It makes the line drop.
>
No, no Call Waiting!