cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using narrowband and broadband together!!

N/A

using narrowband and broadband together!!

I have ordered ADSL and was wondering if it is possible to keep my BT 56 modem going whilst I have ADSL? I would like to keep it as a backup until my ADSL settles down, as I have heard there could be teething problems.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: using narrowband and broadband together!!

> I have ordered ADSL and was wondering if it is possible to keep my BT 56 modem going whilst I have ADSL? I would like to keep it as a backup until my ADSL settles down, as I have heard there could be teething problems.

Yes I still have my old 56k modem in the machine which I still use for sending Fax messages and on the odd occasion I have used it to contact Customer Support when my ADSL has gone down.
I must add that this is very rare these days.

Oh by the way once you have the ADSL then you will lose the ability to connect via the FRIACO number after a couple of weeks and you will have to use the normal dial up (0845) at 1p per minute.

Hope this answers your question.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

RE: using narrowband and broadband together!!

> > I have ordered ADSL and was wondering if it is possible to keep my BT 56 modem going whilst I have ADSL? I would like to keep it as a backup until my ADSL settles down, as I have heard there could be teething problems.
>
> Yes I still have my old 56k modem in the machine which I still use for sending Fax messages and on the odd occasion I have used it to contact Customer Support when my ADSL has gone down.
> I must add that this is very rare these days.
>
> Oh by the way once you have the ADSL then you will lose the ability to connect via the FRIACO number after a couple of weeks and you will have to use the normal dial up (0845) at 1p per minute.
>
> Hope this answers your question.
>
> --
> Regards
> John
> http://www.hmrg.co.uk

thanks for your reply. Pleased to hear that the ADSL is running ok.