cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb port problem

N/A

usb port problem

I have recently connected to Broadband with a speedtouch 330 modem. This works well when I use it but when I turn off the computer and then turn on the computer again, the modem is not recognised. I have to unplug it from the USB port and then plug it back in, once or twice. It then works. I have nothing else in any other USB port.
Any ideas. :?:

Croak
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

usb port problem

Have you actually tried plugging the modem in the other USB port and seeing if it is recognised after a power cycle.

Also try uninstalling then reinstalling the modem drivers.
N/A

usb port problem

Thanks for your suggestions. I have plugged my modem into the three other ports on my computer and the result is just the same. I have to unplug it and plug it back in again once I have logged on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times to rectify the problem and it makes no difference.

Any more ideas :?: , Christine
Community Veteran

usb port problem

Check to see if there are updated motherboad chipset drivers and/or special drivers for the USB ports for your motherboard.

If you are not sure what this means, post the details of your PC: make, model and model numbers/names etc as we may be able to find out for you.
N/A

usb port problem

Bios /firmware update

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Accidental triple post deleted]
N/A

usb port problem

Thanks, it's a Dell Dimension 8200 purchased approximately August 2002