cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb modem and win xp pro guide

N/A

usb modem and win xp pro guide

Well just had a email from plus net and my line as been activated, great now i'm awaiting my hardware from plusnet.
Anyway i thought i'd look up some information about setting the usb modem, and i didnt find nothing that refers to Win xp/pro, there is win98/2000 guides.
So can anybody help me with a step by step guide to setting it up.
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: usb modem and win xp pro guide

> Well just had a email from plus net and my line as been activated, great now i'm awaiting my hardware from plusnet.
> Anyway i thought i'd look up some information about setting the usb modem, and i didnt find nothing that refers to Win xp/pro, there is win98/2000 guides.
> So can anybody help me with a step by step guide to setting it up.
>

what is the model of the modem?Huh
N/A

> Well just had a email from plus net and my line as been activated, great now i'm awaiting my hardware from plusnet.
> Anyway i thought i'd look up some information about setting the usb modem, and i didnt find nothing that refers to Win xp/pro, there is win98/2000 guides.
> So can anybody help me with a step by step guide to setting it up.
>

what is the model/make of the modem?Huh
N/A

> > Well just had a email from plus net and my line as been activated, great now i'm awaiting my hardware from plusnet.
> > Anyway i thought i'd look up some information about setting the usb modem, and i didnt find nothing that refers to Win xp/pro, there is win98/2000 guides.
> > So can anybody help me with a step by step guide to setting it up.
> >
>
> what is the model/make of the modem??

You see the line in the post saying "awaiting my hardware from plusnet" what do you think that means it means not got the hardware yet so dont know what model number or the make is of the modem.
N/A

sorry.......i'm kind of busy
anyway...the modemm should work fine on windows XP with no trouble, there are pdf guides to help you set up te hardware.

damn...i sounded like a right plonker.........
N/A

forgot to mention......the pdf guides are in the customer support section in this site, the link is http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=225
N/A

> forgot to mention......the pdf guides are in the customer support section in this site, the link is http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=225

Yes i seen the pdf file but that only refers to setting up on a win98 machine.
N/A

Plug the Modem in.. Put the CD In and click Next Wink and then finish
N/A

Yes your correct however if you get problems there are driver updates available from this portal and if you want the full xp guide i have copy with my modem (not bought from Plus.Net) and i can scan it and send it to you ?

Also if you are fine with ISO's i have the new cd with all updates on which i can host for you to download.

cUnDaLl

N/A

> Yes your correct however if you get problems there are driver updates available from this portal and if you want the full xp guide i have copy with my modem (not bought from Plus.Net) and i can scan it and send it to you ?
>
> Also if you are fine with ISO's i have the new cd with all updates on which i can host for you to download.
>
> cUnDaLl
>
> can you tell me where to find the driver updates....i cant find them anywhere

chino
Grafter

Ok here you go ...

Page: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=225

USB drivers: http://portal.plus.net/info2/hardware/ADSL_WAN_Driver_USB.zip

PCI drivers:
http://portal.plus.net/info2/hardware/ADSL_2.099.040.000_WAN.zip

Instructions

Instructions installation of modem drivers
Note: Before starting this installation you should ensure you have your Windows installation CD to hand as you may be asked for it during the driver update process. These drivers are only suitable for the PCI and USB ADSL modems as supplied in our ADSL Starter Packs and should not be used for any other purpose.

After downloading the appropriate .zip file you should extract the enclosed files to a directory you have specified on your hard disk. In order to upgrade your modem drivers you should open your Control Panel and select 'System' (or 'Hardware' under NT). In System Properties you should now select 'Device Manager' and look for the 'Network Adapters' tree in the case of PCI modems (note your ADSL PCI modem is recognised by your system as a Network adapter NOT a modem!). Right-click on 'Conexant AccessRunner WAN Adapter' and click 'Properties'. You should now see a general info page with a 'Driver' tab at the top - click on this tab and 'Update Driver'. This will take you to an 'Update Device Driver Wizard' - click 'Next' and ensure that you choose to display a list of drivers in a specific location rather than allowing Windows to search. You should now confirm the device for which you are installing the driver and select 'Have Disk'. Navigate to the directory into which you previously extracted the .zip file. You will be prompted from this point and should reboot your PC to complete the installation.

hope this helps

cUnDaLl