cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage limits.

N/A

usage limits.

Hi I am not an heavy user but I would like to know please at what point do PN consider a person to be a heavy user :?: in amount downloaded.
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

usage limits.

N/A

usage limits.

Hi John,

This is the subject of much discussion in the feedback forum.

Have a read at this thread and the link to Plus Nets published information contained in the first post.
N/A

usage limits.

Very interesting,however I am on the Broadband Plus account and If I am not mistaken the pages your links point to are for Broadband premier.

I am very greatful for your help so please don't take it the way.
N/A

usage limits.

Ok, that was not apparent from your post.

To be honest, i am a bit confused as to what applies to BB+.

I have seen posts from one BB+ customer who received the dreaded email the other day.

I thought that the amount of management / shaping applied to BB+ made it virtually impossible to exceed the SUP limits. I guess I was wrong.

I feel that your question may be best raised as a ticket or in the feedback forum as the Comms team seldom visit this section of the boards.

Perhaps, if you raise a ticket, you would be good enough to let us know the response.
N/A

usage limits.

I have just mentioned this to Ben. He is going to seek clarification re BB+ products. Hopefully somthing will be stated this coming week.

In the meantime I would recommend raising a ticket for an official answer and one which will be recorded in the ticket system.
N/A

usage limits.

Good Morning to all,

Just received a reply to my ticket and the official answer is.

We would consider 100Gb per month (of which 30Gb on peak hours) to be unsustainable use of
the service.

So I am happy now Cheesy Hope this is of some use to others.

Also just found out that my exchange is to be upgraded on Friday 23 September, what the upgrade is I don't know but it might just solve the problems of up and down speed figures and lost synchronisation I have on occasion.
LiamM
Grafter

usage limits.

However, the SUP page says that Broadband Plus is excluded.

I am sure I could get 1Gb/night (30Gb/month) out of a BB+ connection.
N/A

usage limits.

Indeed Liam,

From a member of the Comms team at the weekend

We're still awaiting a bit more clarification on this, as the SUP shouldn't really be necessary on Plus.

I doubt that if the Comms Team arent sure then the CSC will be even more uncertain.

I think we will have to wait for the promised clarification, which I am seeking at the minute.
mike001
Grafter

usage limits.

Indeed Liam,

From a member of the Comms team at the weekend

We're still awaiting a bit more clarification on this, as the SUP shouldn't really be necessary on Plus.

I doubt that if the Comms Team arent sure then the CSC will be even more uncertain.

I think we will have to wait for the promised clarification, which I am seeking at the minute.

looking at the Broadband Bandwidth Usage for Broadband Plus it looks like every one on BB+ was wating to see if the new SUP would apply to them and when it didn`t up gos the usage :lol:
N/A

usage limits.

Have you had any clarification on the acceptable usage policy yet :?: