cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upstream bandwidth

N/A

upstream bandwidth

Implementation of connections between adsl users and plus network edge.

Customer downstream data is transferred from the network edge through our internal network over dave's old tv aerial cable.

Customer upstream data is routed direct to aviary number one where our highly trained pigeons pick up the packets and transport them to aviary number two. From aviary two outwards the upstream traffic is carried over the same high performance network as the downstream traffic.

Downstream 323 Kbps (40.4 KB/sec) 371 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 49 Kbps (6.1 KB/sec) 56 Kbps (inc. overheads)

:lol
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

funny as fvk

hi lyndon

heres mine if you think u got probs

Direction Actual Speed True Speed
Downstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 276 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 19 Kbps (2.4 KB/sec) 21 Kbps (inc. overheads)



> Downstream 323 Kbps (40.4 KB/sec) 371 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 49 Kbps (6.1 KB/sec) 56 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
> :lol
>

N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

Ged. Its has happened again. Its the memory. It needs refreshed. Can you oblige?

> funny as fvk

why thank you

> Direction Actual Speed True Speed
> Downstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 276 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 19 Kbps (2.4 KB/sec) 21 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>

i know i've got problems. your speeds are a bit poor as well :-)
espresso_mick
Grafter
Posts: 225
Registered: 30-07-2007

RE: upstream bandwidth

Direction Actual Speed True Speed
Downstream 450 Kbps (56.3 KB/sec) 517 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 305 Kbps (38.1 KB/sec) 350 Kbps (inc. overheads)


N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

errr not to sound like a n00b, but how do ya test?
N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

> errr not to sound like a n00b, but how do ya test?
>
Downstream 76 Kbps (9.5 KB/sec) 87 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 38 Kbps (4.8 KB/sec) 43 Kbps (inc. overheads)

i just got these amazing speeds go to www.adslguide.org.uk and follow links to speed test.
N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

> > errr not to sound like a n00b, but how do ya test?
> >
> Downstream 76 Kbps (9.5 KB/sec) 87 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 38 Kbps (4.8 KB/sec) 43 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
> i just got these amazing speeds go to www.adslguide.org.uk and follow links to speed test.

Judy,

What speed do you get reported by PlusNet's speed tester at http://speed-test.plus.net.uk?

Tim
N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

Got u all

Downstream 404 Kbps (50.5 KB/sec) 464 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 10 Kbps (1.3 KB/sec) 11 Kbps (inc. overheads)

N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

> Got u all
>
> Downstream 404 Kbps (50.5 KB/sec) 464 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 10 Kbps (1.3 KB/sec) 11 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
So how am i ment to be a DJ on #gameon-radio on QNET with that hey?

N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

> > > errr not to sound like a n00b, but how do ya test?
> > >
> > Downstream 76 Kbps (9.5 KB/sec) 87 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> > Upstream 38 Kbps (4.8 KB/sec) 43 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> >
> > i just got these amazing speeds go to www.adslguide.org.uk and follow links to speed test.
>
> Judy,
>
> What speed do you get reported by PlusNet's speed tester at http://speed-test.plus.net.uk?
>
> Tim
> ---------------------------------------

i just did the plusnet test

"Your current bandwidth reading is:

115.30kbps

which means you can download at 14.41 KB/sec. from our servers"

better than adsl guide says, but my pc is behaving exactly like it did with 56k so i believe adslguide's figure now reporting 5.5 kb/s each way.

Sad

jk

N/A

RE: upstream bandwidth

> i just did the plusnet test
>
> "Your current bandwidth reading is:
>
> 115.30kbps
>
> which means you can download at 14.41 KB/sec. from our servers"
>
> better than adsl guide says, but my pc is behaving exactly like it did with 56k so i believe adslguide's figure now reporting 5.5 kb/s each way.
>
> Sad
>
> jk
>
>

Judy,

Register free at www.dslreports.com, and then run a line quality test. This will show what packet loss you're experiencing. You will need to become pingable for this test to work.

Have you raised a ticket with PlusNet support about your speeds?

Tim