cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed of 512kbps for free

N/A

i heard that BT were upgrading there lines to increase upload speeds from 256kbps to 512kbps for free to all., this was to take place on 1st of april, just wondering if any one else knows when our upload speeds will increase or why plusnet have not changed them yet.
11 REPLIES
N/A

free

here is email

BT wholesale have announce that as from today most ADSL upload speeds will increase.

Due to the recent trials involving the potential 8Mbps download speeds, the boffins at BT have realised that increasing the standard upload speed of 256Kbps to 512Kbps can be achieved on "almost all" lines without any hardware reconfiguration. Although this is not SDSL it is a 100% increase in speeds which should benefit users who need higher uploads such as those running servers on ADSL connections.

Rather than introducing a new product range they have decided to apply the new changes to all existing lines as soon as possible, with some lucky users seeing the increase as from today.
"Due to the advances made by our technical teams in recent months, the reality of faster upload speeds are available to all users with immediate effect."
"This change was rushed through as we want users to benefit today, rather than tomorrow"
BT insider

The change will not need users to disconnect their connection, or contact BT, to notice the increase, but are advised to check their upload connection speed on their router or modem.

A full announcement and details can be found here.
N/A

Interesting, where is the official post located, whats the link?
N/A

this was to take place on 1st of april < maybe a april fools joke ;/
N/A

I fink this is a wind up :!:
N/A

Thats why I asked for the official link Smiley
N/A

LOL Smiley found it:

Read this: http://www.uk-bug.net/Article727.html

Then click the "A full announcement and details can be found here."
LiamM
Grafter

It is happening, as part of MaxDSL, so it's going to be September time before we see any national rollout.

Not sure if Premier 2Mb will have the faster upload speeds though, or just the more expensive 2Mb+ products yet to be announced.
N/A

if BT ARE UPGRADING THEM FOR FREE, THEN ALL SERVICES SHOULD HAVE THE NEW UPLOAD SPEED. IT WOULD SEEM LIKE PLUSNET WOULD BE MAKING MONEY FROM THIS IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
N/A

Not sure if Premier 2Mb will have the faster upload speeds though, or just the more expensive 2Mb+ products yet to be announced.

Oh great....more speculation.
N/A

would there be anyplace that any offical timeline for the rollout of this can be found? I would like to keep an eye on this as its a race between this or UKO's 8mbit package that should be ready some time soon in my area.
N/A

Short of reading the news from ADSL Guide, there is little you can do.

The only information published by BT is a provisional timescale of September for the rollout of this product to the general public.

No information on extending the trial has been seen yet either.

The chances of us seeing this in September or October are very good, as this is the usual time for the public release or estended trialing.