cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

N/A

upgrade

hello i am considering upgrading to 1mbit (the home premier account) however i have some points i would liek to clarify:

1) it costs £29.99 per month and there is another activation fee of 70 quid to be paid (on a monthly contract)?
2) i can keep my existing ip's and their rdns setup?
3) will there be any downtime involed?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

upgrade

What product do you currently have as this will determin the costs involved in the upgrade and allow us to answer your questions fully. Also do you have your own ADSL modem/router hardware?
N/A

upgrade

hi, i am currently on the self-install home 512k connection ..i think thats the name of it (its not the account type which blocks p2p).

Yes i will be using my own hardware (solwise sar 110 router).
Community Veteran

upgrade

The upgrade / regrade prices are listed in the FAQ page here. It will depend on what you want to change to and whether you go for a monthly or yearly contract.

Now to answer you Qs

1) Home 512K -> broadband Home 1Mb premier (monthly) will cost £52.88. It does not require a new activation fee just a regrade fee which is cheaper.

2) I'm not sure if you keep your existing static IP as PN may use separate IP ranges for the new products. I would guess you will keep it but I'll let PN confirm this as no-one has asked this yet..

3) The downtime should be about 2 hours and the switch usually occurs overnight
csogilvie
Grafter

upgrade

1) Home 512K -> broadband Home 1Mb premier (monthly) will cost £52.88. It does not require a new activation fee just a regrade fee which is cheaper.
A yearly contract will cost £41.13 as well...

2) I'm not sure if you keep your existing static IP as PN may use separate IP ranges for the new products. I would guess you will keep it but I'll let PN confirm this as no-one has asked this yet..
I would imagine you'll keep the same IP, although a new range has been added recently, so like Peter, I'll bow to TPTB.