cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to 2mb premier questions

N/A

hi guys

been using 512KB ADSL Home with plus.net for over a year now, i decided to upgrade to 2mb service but i'm very very confusing here,

1) is the new 2mb premier offer EXACTLY same what i have at the moment but 4x the speed?

2) 2mb premier means unlimit downloading per month?

3) 2mb premier has any ports blocked, ie, P2P networks?

4) if i'm right, it would cost to upgrade to 2mb premier £14.99 (Annual contract), or £24.99 (Monthly contract)

5) is there any charge for regrades?

6) will i get new IP address (i'd like to have new one, if not, doesnt matter)

7) got Orgio ASR-8400 ADSL router, will it be ok with new 2mb premier, if so, do i have to switch it off or on during the regrades and upgrade?

8 ) how would i know if the upgrade has been completed?

thanks for your time to read my post Smiley

cheers

kingwes Smiley
5 REPLIES
N/A

I'll try and answer as many of these as I can

1) is the new 2mb premier offer EXACTLY same what i have at the moment but 4x the speed?
Yes

2) 2mb premier means unlimit downloading per month?
Yes - Premier products have no usage limit

3) 2mb premier has any ports blocked, ie, P2P networks?
The only ports blocked are (I think) 135 and 445 to prevent the spread of worms and viruses

4) if i'm right, it would cost to upgrade to 2mb premier £14.99 (Annual contract), or £24.99 (Monthly contract)
Err..next!

5) is there any charge for regrades?
Skip!

6) will i get new IP address (i'd like to have new one, if not, doesnt matter)
If you're upgrading from the ADSL Home 512 package (which is the one I presume you're on) then you will not be assigned a new IP address automatically - however, if you have a legitimate reason you can ask for this to be done through the link:contact us system once the regrade has taken place (or even if you choose to stay on your existing product).

7) got Orgio ASR-8400 ADSL router, will it be ok with new 2mb premier, if so, do i have to switch it off or on during the regrades and upgrade?
Yes, all routers are designed to work at much higher speeds than are currently available. Your router will resync at the new speed, you should not have to do anything.

Cool how would i know if the upgrade has been completed?
Everything will be faster! Your router's control panel might show the speed somewhere - otherwise just run a SpeedTest and be amazed with the difference!
N/A

thanks eurotrain Smiley

gonna order 2mb premier now hehe

thanks again
N/A

sorry to ask silly question

but where can i upgrade to 2mb premier? i cant find it on plus.net site

cheers
N/A

I think the easiest way would be through link:contact us:

• Account Changes
    • Upgrade my account
      • My account cannot be upgraded using the Portal upgrade process
        • Upgrade my existing Broadband account
          • Regrade Speed Only

I've snipped some of the titles a little as they were stretching the page Smiley

It might be worth having a look at this page which explains the upgrade process, costs, etc. Sorry I can't help with those, I need to do a bit more reading up on them I think Smiley
Community Veteran

4) is yes

5) The only charge is what you stated in 4. There will be an additional payment to cover the cost of the increased speed for the remainder of your billing period after you are running on the new speed. This is because you always pay in advance for ADSL usage. This will be the difference between your old monthly charge and the new monthly charge for the days left.