cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to 1mb ???

N/A

upgrade to 1mb ???

could someone please answer the following questions?

If you have a 512kb connection and want to upgrade to the 1mb connection why do you have to do a disconnect then reprovide? I know that with some of my friends with other isps all they had to do was send and e-mail asking for the upgrade. it was then just actived!! all they had to do was disconnect for 30 minutes then reconnect again. Why can't plus net do this?
4 REPLIES
N/A

upgrade to 1mb ???

Very good point.

However, I don't see how this is true. I do not belive there is a upgrade path with BT yet (properly).

Can Support shed further light?
Community Veteran

upgrade to 1mb ???

Very good point.

However, I don't see how this is true. I do not belive there is a upgrade path with BT yet (properly).

Can Support shed further light?

I think Phillip that you are correct here.
There is some work to be done by BT involving the upgrade but I don't beleive that it is the same amount of work as providing a new installation from scratch?
I think that if there was a proper upgrade path it should be cheaper than a new install.
Maybe one day BT will get their act together :?:
N/A

upgrade to 1mb ???

according to one of my engineering friends it is just a simple case of telling the controlling software to allocate more bandwidth to the users port in the exchange. maybe someone from plusnet support will be able to elaborate on this?
N/A

upgrade to 1mb ???

This is likely very very true, and more probably what happens.

However, youa re talking about BT here, that make a song and dance about everything.

To migrate from engineer install, to another provider, on exactly the same product, you have to cease and re-provide. This is a "what what?" issue. Only the ISP proving, and a regular migration needs to take place. The fact a router or modem is issue is usualy irrelivant.