cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up grade

N/A

up grade

so has anyone found out whether +net tell you or you have to ask for upgrade? are they free? if it says on your exchange upgrade april 05 does this mean i can get my upgrade now
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

up grade

The free upgrades will still only happen when BT get around to doing them on your exchange. You cannot speed this process up by asking PlusNet to do it now.

The only way to get a faster speed now is to pay for the speed upgrade yourself which costs £14.99.
N/A

up grade

Well mine was upgraded this week to 2mb and i recieved no contact from +net to tell me, in fact i only found out because my connection was pants so i rebooted my router to find my connection speed had changed to 2mb, but then i had to ring them to tell them to put me onto the new speed as they were throttling my connection back to 512kb. :? go figure...
N/A

up grade

I do think plusnet has everyone throttled at 512kbps by default and after you raised a ticket, they'll move you to the speed you're connected at. I won't fault them on this.
N/A

up grade

fyi i did raise a ticket & got this reply

This is because your line is 512k. If you wish to upgrade your line speed you can move over onto the broadband premier 3GB (£21.99 a month) and pay a regrade fee of 14.99.
Regards,
Michael Holmes

saying that i am on a 512kb/s line & i could regrade to 3mb/s for a small fee of £14.99, this was of no use to me obviously. As i already had the 2mb/s regrade free of charge.

My advice to anyone having low speeds and have been upgraded ,give customer services a ring ,Forget about tickets, Talk to sumone on the end of the phone, all was fixed in 1min and i am happy with my free regrade now.
N/A

up grade

so how will i know when my exchange has been upgraded?
N/A

up grade

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/bt_speed_upgrade_programme.pdf

You can find your exchange in there and it will tell you the month its been updated, most of the discussion on this is going on in the Customer Feedback forum Smiley
N/A

up grade

so how will i know when my exchange has been upgraded?

If you're using a router, check the connection speed .. most router will show you what speed you're connected at. If you're using USB or PCI modem, I do think you'll be able to check your connection speed too.