Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up-grade

silvercliff
Grafter

up-grade

Hi Folks
I have tried to check out the upgrade from the basic broadband to the special offer of a faster one price £14-99? and all it dos when you click upgrade is take you round in a circle! (back to the start page)
Idears any one
Obliged Job-Victor
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

up-grade

What ADSL product are you currently on? If it's DSL connect then there is no upgrade method as that is on a Datastream product and Broadband lite is on IPStream. You have to cease your current product and apply for the new one with the necessary activation charge.

Note: Broadband home lite is curently only available to new users, those migrating from another ISP or those on one of the 56k modem dialup packages.

Users of exiting PlusNet broadband products will not be able to switch to it until June 1st 2004 and then only when their current contract expires (i.e. the 12 month ones).

I'm on ADSL Home Surf, and when I click on upgrade for broadband homelite, I am taken to a page which shows what upgrades are available.
silvercliff
Grafter

Up-grade

Hi Peter
Thanks for your comments as it is going to cost me more to do this I shall stay as I am.
Regards Job-Victor
N/A

up-grade

That will depend on your usage. For many and most, it will only cost them the £14.99 a month, and some more £18.99 a month.

There are very few users that go over this, unless you are into streaming media, gaming and/or P2P.

You are best downloading somthing like AnalogueX Netstat, Dumeter or other monitoring software, that will tell you your monthly usage.

These are only of use if you use a USB or PCI modem, though if you only have a single PC using a router, and nothing else on the network, you should be able to use them too.

These will help you work out your monthly usage, from which you can calculate if it is a viabale product to switch to.

PlusNet will be introducing a tool that can monitor your bandwidth usage for you. It will be available for Home-lite users only to start with, but they hope to introduce it to other ADSL customers from the start, or somtime in the near future.
Community Veteran

up-grade

Although it is not stated I think they are on DSL connect and there is no cheap way to move to Broadband home lite - i.e. they have to pay another activation charge. That is what has changed their mind, not the usage changes.
N/A

up-grade

HMM.

I must have read the reply totaly wrong, because I could swear it said somthing else!
silvercliff
Grafter

up-grade

Hi all
Yes we are on DSL Connect and yes it is the extra cost of the change as I have just paid out nearly £50 to start broadband in the first place. (ON Pension)
Thank you all for your comments it was a great help!
Cheers Job-Victor