cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited BB, not so unlimited?

N/A

hi,

me and my next door mate both brought same BB from you, but he has downloaded i think 150gig this month and he was capped.

i would like to know why this is, and what is the limit we can go before a cap?

he was told he is caped for 7 days or something.
20 REPLIES
N/A

Maybe you never noticed but PN sneaked this in - http://www.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml
N/A

so if i understand well, on my 2meg i can download upto 100g a month Tongue

hmm at near 70 or something at mo Smiley
Midville
Grafter

But please be aware that there are peak time (30Gb) restrictions and downloading (Prem)100Gb during this time would generate a warning and possible management.

Plus by its nature is managed, but I have heard rumours that people have exceeded 100 Gb on plus but I might be wrong.
Midville
Grafter

If you are paying more i.e Up to 4Mb you get a 45 Gb (Peak) package/Up to 8Mb you get 60 Gb. All the info can be found http://www.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml
N/A

err?

me confused now hahah

so does that mean i can download 100g a day? and 30g in perk?

oooooorrrrrrrrrrrrHuh?? Smiley

me confused now
N/A

4pm to midnight - PEAK TIME = 30GB a month max

Midnight to 4pm - OFFPEAK = 100GB a month max

Break either of these, or both of them and you will be subject to capping. Basically, if your getting big files, do it through the night while your alseep.

Break the cap once = 64k cap at peak times only for a month i believe.

Break the cap againthe month after = 64k cap at all times for a month i believe.

Thats how i understand it.
N/A

PN snuck the SUP in under the radar and no mistake....

I've already had the 1st warning for downloading huge amounts but they have warned me retrospectively.

Caber flingers of the highest order!!!!

Now seriously considering taking the business elsewhere....including that of the company I work for.....

To advertise practically unlimited BB then cap you at 130Gb a month total both blows and sucks at the same time!
N/A

whats worse is they sold it as unlimited in the beggining, and then they changed it, and if you are not a regular forum member you probably would not notice the changes they have been making to the EULA / ToC etc... basicaly if you are a heavy user, they want you out and will do their utmost to loose your custom. They just can not afford the bandwidth or something.. so yea, insead of making a dedicated package for P2P users where they are uncapped but their bw does not infringe on the users that do not do it... they decided to remove about 10% of the user base and cap them to high hell till they leave.
N/A

Yes this got me as well buzzons. Sold it as unlimited and now its capped. I think i am gonna look for a new isp cause i cant monitor what my brother does and what my family does on the conneciton all day.
N/A

Any ISP You go to will have some form of cap in place.. it may not be advertised but in their T&C's it will allways state somthing to the effect of we may restrict/cancel the service if you are deemed to be causing detrimental effect to the service for other users..

Dont get me wrong.. im not 100% for this FUP but i do beleve it is required.. just feel the peak usage limit is a a little low..

Besides what are you downloading that see's you getting a warning already?

When people are downloading this ammount of data it lends itself to having to be P2P traffic.. which in most cases is illegal material anyway?

Question is how long will it be with the goverment being pushed to clamp down on peer2peer usage and the spread of illagally shared material will it be before plusnet and other ISP's are forced to disclose customer information of those customers that they beleve are heavy users of peer2peer to the releavent departments to investigate these people with the view to bringing charges against them.

If as you say plusnet just want rid of these bandwidth hogs.. then they are going to be more than happy to supply this information..

Again not somthing i want to see happen....

Think some people should just sit back think about the situation.. and maybe just maybe.. not download so much.. you really dont need to be downing 100gig a month.. whatever job you are in?Huh
N/A

Hello,

Just in the process of joining PN from Wanadoo (wankers). I had 2 GB per month limits and when I asked to leave they made it very difficult. I hear that Demon are limitless, but as a consequence their service is not that great at peak times. Personnally I'm quite happy with the GSB traffic classification but think that's enough. No need for draconian capping if that system works.
N/A

Besides what are you downloading that see's you getting a warning already?

When people are downloading this ammount of data it lends itself to having to be P2P traffic.. which in most cases is illegal material anyway?

Think some people should just sit back think about the situation.. and maybe just maybe.. not download so much.. you really dont need to be downing 100gig a month.. whatever job you are in?Huh

No matter what job you are in?

Ever tried working on a half downloaded SQL database to rectify an issue that stops your users from performing their daily tasks? Or worse still, explaining to the board of directors that the reason why productivity is down is purely down to you want to keep some spare bandwidth for perhaps a little online gaming over the weekend.....I would be surprised if you didnt see the mushroom cloud for miles around!

Ever thought that not all p2p material is illegal? How about the several new distros of Linux I recently downloaded, modified then uploaded back to a server in my workplace over the weekend ready for me to start deploying to end users on Monday morning?

It all has a negative impact on the bandwidth situation.

Lets face it...130Gb is a crummy allocation in anyones eyes and the only unlimited service (that I know of) is AOL and I certainly aint going there!!!!
N/A

@ brandnew.

Welcome to the forums. Smiley
N/A

When ticketing customer support with
If there are no limits then what does 'Substantial usage' actual mean ?

The reply came back
Your usage is very very low, a few MB a day. We have only ever contacted two customers on your account about their usage and they had used over 100GB a month. You do not have to worry about your usage.

Regards,

I have a BB+ account, irgo 'No download limit' actualy means a 100GB per month limit.