cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to all those who have dropped usage for bad pipe..

N/A

this is what ian said on adslguide:

"30GB in ten days equates easily to 100GB per month. For a customer using 400GB originally this might be a big reduction, but 100GB per month is still a very large amount of data to move, especially if you agree that usage after the monitoring period isn't likely to go down further in the coming months. "

now.. i would say this means that if you download 100gb/month on the bad boy pipe, you will *STILL* be kept on this ppe.. so to all of those who have dropped usage to 100gb/month instead of whatever they had before. ITS A WASTE OF TIME, AS YOU ARE STILL GOING TO BE PUT ON THE BAD PIPE, THE LIMIT TO GET ON THE BAD PIPE MAY BE > 140GB, BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE A LOT LESS THAN 100GB/MONTH TO GET BACK OFF OF IT!!

this says it all for me.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Well the ISP can do what they like, if it means that much to you then get another telephone line in and sign up to another ISP and then you can use both without the ISP getting at your back, if downloading was so important to me then this is what i would do, other wise re-think what you really need to download or upload, cause you must deffo leave it over night which is asking for trouble, tell me an ISP that never has complained about usage BT openworld did it, there is none,

so Two isps,

One for over night downloading and one for day time downloading.

Are you running a business or something?
N/A

Oh yeah i think plusnet need to start custom prices for these users that want 24/7 downloading, twice the price?
N/A

completely disagree, there is plenty of isps out there who dont care (or appear to not care) about this type of usage. why pay for another isp and another telephone line when i can just migrate to an new isp and use it as i like?.
N/A

Twice the price wouldn't get you much more.

In terms of pricing, it costs about £1 per GB. But that is only if the pipes are saturated 24/7. Anything left idle, would slowly raise the per GB cost.