cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tim.pilcher@robinson-allfree.co.uk

N/A

tim.pilcher@robinson-allfree.co.uk

Hi guys,

Is anyone having trouble using a VPN over this adsl. I cant seem to ping my IP. Spoke to plusnet but it seems that its meHuh.

Any ideas.

TIM
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: tim.pilcher@robinson-allfree.co.uk

Tim,
Dont listen to a word they say. They say they support p2p and I can prove that their statement is misleading and false. They said I would have to take the "more expensive package" of ADSL as its designed for p2p. Yeah right. Wonder if that makes the contract invalid. Tim, if I was you I'd go and ask another ADSL company, blueyonder or NTL. I'm sure if you explain Plusnets comments they'd be glad to help. When my contract finishes I'll be skipping all the way to blueyonder for p2p heaven.

Be lucky...

Jason - kopking

Quote "9/10 BB users prefer a decent IP, cos it hits the parts, others cannot reach"

> Hi guys,
>
> Is anyone having trouble using a VPN over this adsl. I cant seem to ping my IP. Spoke to plusnet but it seems that its meHuh.
>
> Any ideas.
>
> TIM

N/A

> Hi guys,
>
> Is anyone having trouble using a VPN over this adsl. I cant seem to ping my IP. Spoke to plusnet but it seems that its meHuh.
>
> Any ideas.
>
> TIM

No I use VPN every day into my company network without problems.

Chances are that if your running a firewall then thats your problem and you need to re-configure it.
elton
Grafter

I use p2p with no problems at all. The Home Surf product doesn't support p2p, but is says that quite clearly on the product information page. I know people who use VPN, with no problems as far as I've heard.

> Tim,
> Dont listen to a word they say. They say they support p2p and I can prove that their statement is misleading and false. They said I would have to take the "more expensive package" of ADSL as its designed for p2p. Yeah right. Wonder if that makes the contract invalid. Tim, if I was you I'd go and ask another ADSL company, blueyonder or NTL. I'm sure if you explain Plusnets comments they'd be glad to help. When my contract finishes I'll be skipping all the way to blueyonder for p2p heaven.
>
> Be lucky...
>
> Jason - kopking
>
> Quote "9/10 BB users prefer a decent IP, cos it hits the parts, others cannot reach"
>

--
Skonko!
N/A

I use VPN to company network couple of days a week no problem. I found that p2p works okay as well although I dont use that, just fired it up out of curiosity really.

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Is anyone having trouble using a VPN over this adsl. I cant seem to ping my IP. Spoke to plusnet but it seems that its meHuh.
> >
> > Any ideas.
> >
> > TIM
>
> No I use VPN every day into my company network without problems.
>
> Chances are that if your running a firewall then thats your problem and you need to re-configure it.

N/A

No problems with vpn or p2p here either.

The setup I use for vpn access is Windoze XP with an internal pci adsl modem, I connect to a windoze 2000 server box via pptp. One thing I did with this setup was this, I had to disable my network card before I was able to actually do anything on the vpn. I assume that was because its ip was in the same range as machines on the network I was vpn'ing to and windoze is too dumb to figure it out.

Either that or try disabling your firewall when you vpn..

Matt
N/A

> No problems with vpn or p2p here either.

None here either, p2p and vpn are fine, you have to make sure you are on the correct DSL package it clearly states on the cheapest DSL package that it is not suitable for p2p.

Ali