cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thanks and a question

N/A

thanks and a question

Cheesy
thanks? account got sent through to BT on Saturday and it's ready this evening! - better get a splitter so i can use it...

question?
on the solwise site i saw this "It is possible to fit just one filter at the point where the phone line comes into your building but this requires some work with a screwdriver and possibly some re-wiring.

how can i do this?
--
for gods sake
give it a rest...
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: thanks and a question

Well everything up to and including the phone socket belong to BT. Apparently it is illegal to tamper with it. If you do break it or BT see it in the future, they will charge yoiu to remove whatever you do.

Regards

Kevin

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: thanks and a question

> Cheesy
> thanks? account got sent through to BT on Saturday and it's ready this evening! - better get a splitter so i can use it...
>
> question?
> on the solwise site i saw this "It is possible to fit just one filter at the point where the phone line comes into your building but this requires some work with a screwdriver and possibly some re-wiring.
>
> how can i do this?
>
> --
> for gods sake
> give it a rest...

Hi

One of the Broadband help sites showed an alternative .pdf installation diagram which has all the analogue phone devices hooked up to (ie branching off) a single external splitter: this is supposed to work just as well as having a splitter for every single device. If I treat myself to a longer RJ11 cable I'll be able to put it to the test.

A.