cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subnet incorrect

N/A

subnet incorrect

I have already posted in this forum but on a slightly different aspect of the problem i am having.

I am using a netgear dg632 and when it detects the subnet from the web it only finds .255, but i have 4 static IP's so it should be .252. I have tried to enter the static ip of the modem and gateway manually but it wont let me change the subnet to anything other than .255.

is this a problem with the modem or is it something to do with the info being sent down the adsl line from plus.net?

your thoughts are most welcome.

regards
3 REPLIES
N/A

subnet incorrect

Raise a support ticket as part of the session connection process should dish out the right IP and subnet mask to your router.
N/A

subnet incorrect

it also seems that the modem doesnt seem to like haveing more than 1 static ip address. but i will have a word with plus.net support too.

cheers
N/A

subnet incorrect

Having looked at the specs of that router I dont believe that it will do what you want it too. You can either use it in router mode and NAT the connection and forward the relevant ports to the watchguard for the VPN(This might not even be possible depending upon your VPN setup) or you can accept the limitations of one IP in modem mode.

Personally I'd consdier getting a router that can route real IP. IN a work environment I'd seriously consider getting a CISCO 837, cost about 300 quid.