cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streaming video and sound

N/A

streaming video and sound

On dial up I am able to stream sound and video using either Quicktime/RealPlayer or WM player but using broadband they don't recognize that there is a connection.I've looked in the settings of these applications and there is a bit about proxy settings and port for streaming.Does anyone know whether this is the issue and if it is, what values are to be input?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: streaming video and sound

> On dial up I am able to stream sound and video using either Quicktime/RealPlayer or WM player but using broadband they don't recognize that there is a connection.I've looked in the settings of these applications and there is a bit about proxy settings and port for streaming.Does anyone know whether this is the issue and if it is, what values are to be input?

sorry don't no wot your problem is,but mine works perfectly and I did'nt alter anything.:bandit:

N/A

Your media players should connect to the internet and stream the live content fine m8.

PlusNET doesnt have a proxy server at the moment.

Maybe you should allow your firewall to let them act as a server to connect.

ZoneAlarm Pro and basic has a little pop up box that you give permission to for this etc...

PlusNET dont block streaming on ADSL, i listen almost everyday to Real, Windows media, Winamp and Quicktime and there are no problems this end.

Regards,

--
Jason
=====
Working Equipment:
Packard Bell I XTREME 9070
Colour Blue/Grey
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz -
512 MB Ram
120 GB HDD
Modems: Aztech CNR V.92 56K
D-LINK DSL-200 DIGITAL
DVD, CDRW
Chipset: SiS650
Stereo sound
GeForce 4MX 440 64 MB + TV out
USB: 2 front and 2 back
Firewire: 1 front
Lan: 1 back + (loads more sockets)
=====
N/A

Try and connect to this since you're on the same network:
(1)http://www.radiojason.co.uk/live/mpeg/radiojason.mp3
OR
http://www.radiojason.co.uk/live/mpeg/radiojason.m3u

RealOne Player or Winamp should have no trouble connecting. This is a 56K b/b stream.

If you want to try WMP open file location box and enter direct this IP and port: http://64.21.174.66:8052

Post back how it goes.
Good luck.

--
Jason
=====
Working Equipment:
Packard Bell I XTREME 9070
Colour Blue/Grey
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz -
512 MB Ram
120 GB HDD
Modems: Aztech CNR V.92 56K
D-LINK DSL-200 DIGITAL
DVD, CDRW
Chipset: SiS650
Stereo sound
GeForce 4MX 440 64 MB + TV out
USB: 2 front and 2 back
Firewire: 1 front
Lan: 1 back + (loads more sockets)
=====
N/A

on my machine at work, whenever I click on streaming video, I can hear my modem clicking on (even though it isn't connecting) and then the video streams from the adsl.

Could be the same problem, but this doesn't help you much !

Bill

N/A

thanx 4 help!
however when I type in location, wmp says unable to connect to server.
the site u provided brings a window up with the quicktime symbol but no advancement
N/A

i sorted out streaming on wmp and realplayer via zone alarm but qt still doesn't work
thanx