cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streaming probs possibly router prob?

N/A

thinking of changing from my solwise router to a modem,im not running any home networks? ,just a single pc ,the reason behind this is streaming is very bad thru wmp ,on streams where i know people can get good pics etc i cant and their all using modems (or cable not bt)ive just recently upgraded to 1mb so i know the bw is there ,the links are foreign footie channels :twisted: ,so im looking for an adsl modem to c if it makes any differance,which ones are best and are they simple to instaall,cheers
5 REPLIES
N/A

What exactly is the problem and when you say streaming, what applications are you refering to?

A router with an in-built modem, is just as good as a normal ADSL Modem for "streaming" if correctly setup. I'm guessing, but I think your having problems because you've not configured port forward/inbound rules on your router.

For example, I use Bit Torrent, I had to configure a port forward (inbound) rules for ports 6881-6889 .

Aaron
N/A

could you tell me how to do this with port 7000 to 7009,its thru wmp9 some play ok but others dont ,but do for other people,i have a sar 110,ths would b vert helpful as i also use bt ,i could pm u a link and c if it works for u ,cheers phil
Community Veteran

N/A

ok thanx ,phil
N/A

man u are a god,solved every prob streaming perfectly,and so simple to do,many many thanx