cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still on 2mb?

N/A

still on 2mb?

hi, i had requested an upgraded to 8mb around 5/6 months ago believe it or not.....and i am still waiting? this is ridiculous? how can i be upgraded to 8mb then i don't understand?
33 REPLIES
N/A

still on 2mb?

You can request an upgrade to Max (up to 8Mbps) at http://max.plus.net Its well worth reading the Get Ready for High-speed Broadband document - it explains a fair amount about MaxDSL, although for some reason it now omits to mention that you could end up with lower speeds on MaxDSL than you currently get on aDSL.
N/A

RE

Hi james, i requested this in October...i've pasted the request from 'my questions' bellow:

Your comment 8:41pm, Saturday 14th October 2006
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Opt in to the \'Up to 8Mb\' MaxDSL upgrade programme]
[Up to 8Mb Opt In Request]
[Additional Information]
I would like to receive an \'Up to 8Mb\' upgrade

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 2:15am, Sunday 15th October 2006
We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

Regards
Customer Support

So i requested for an upgrade 5 months ago!! and still no upgrade Sad
N/A

still on 2mb?

If its not gone through, there's no reason to not do it again. It does work most of the time!

Assuming of course that you haven't been upgraded already, and the best that your line will support is the speed you were on already.
N/A

still on 2mb?

no i have not been upgraded already and my account still says up to 2mb. The service is ridiculous...ui jus gave them a call and he said he will manually request it and i should have the up to 8mb by monday. Now why couldn't this be done 5 months ago? they just wait until customers put pressure on them instead of being proavtive and actually responding to our requests when theyre requested!! i will be migrating any how because a few of my friends are on BE and they are luvin it!
N/A

still on 2mb?

I dunno why it wasn't done - but life's like that - not everything goes according to plan every time!

I don't think its a case of waiting for customers to put pressure on though. If the request had gotten lost, PN wouldn't know that you wanted upgrading. As you say, all you had to do was ask, and they were more than happy to oblige.
N/A

still on 2mb?

yeah thats life i agree. But in a market with so many competitors it is imperative they provide the best service they can. I'm sure they have a record of my issues/questions with them, since i have them on my account! Nevertheless, i am looking forward to monday. Lets hope it was worth the wait.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

still on 2mb?

Hi Rachit,

I can see one of my colleagues has now placed this order so it should now go through without any problems for you. It's due to complete Monday and then your line will start to try to find the best speed possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

still on 2mb?

I'm sure they have a record of my issues/questions with them, since i have them on my account!

If you go to Help & Support, My Questions and select all questions you can see the record of all issues/questions for yourself.

If you had previously requested your upgrade to MaxDSL (it is opt in) there will be a record of your request in there.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

still on 2mb?

You mean like the example the OP posted above?

:lol:
N/A

still on 2mb?

yeah thats what i mean, i have the records but im sure they should also have the same record in their systems. Anyway...its long. its all a big flop in my opinion because i waited for 5 months for nothing really. Then again its supposedly my fault or my duty to re post the request "in case" the question was lost somewhere down the line. tut
N/A

still on 2mb?

At one point Plus net stop the upgrade as there were problems its possible yours was caught in this trap.

Dont forget you get a FREE upgrade my friend tried it with Pipex and you have to sign up for another years contract to get it
Community Veteran

still on 2mb?

You mean like the example the OP posted above?

Doh Shockedops:

How I missed that as I scrolled through the topic I don't know!
N/A

still on 2mb?

its now wednesday and the line was supposed to be upgraded by monday just gone and i should be now recieving speeds up to 8mb or at least above 4mb, however, the speed has only risen to around 2.8mb and thats all i've getting all week. How much more longer do i have to wait until i recieve the 8mb?Huh
Community Veteran

still on 2mb?

What does http://speedtester.bt.com/ say? (Post the full results please).

What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate say?