cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speeds

N/A

speeds

hi been connected for a couple of days now and all seems fine ,just done the dr tcp tweak and improved my speed a bit,im now getting actual speed ,476 down and 249 up.including overheads 514 down and 268 up.i was wondering how this compares to everyone elses,cheers
8 REPLIES
N/A

speeds

ADSL Guide says that for July 2003 the average speeds for Plusnet users were:
Downstream: 441.8 Kbps
Upstream: 234.8 Kbps

A test on ADSL Guide of my connection gives me these results:
Downstream: 459 Kbps
Upstream: 243 Kbps

which once again proves that my line is better than average, especially as I know my mum was using the connection while that test was carried out.
Your line seems to be producing speeds even higher than mine though... :shock:
N/A

speeds

You never get the speed advertised as there are always issues like traffic volume and line quality etc. However, I have been getting some pretty good speeds recently. On the Portal speed checker, I get 476.00kbps. On the ADSLguide.org.uk website:

Downstream
446 Kbps (55.8 KB/sec) 481 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream
242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec)
261 Kbps (inc. overheads)

So not much difference.
Community Veteran

speeds

Hehe.... once I got a speed faster than my service is rated at! :? (No Joke!) Normally though, I get about 59K-60K on the Portal speed-checker.

Thomas
N/A

speeds

469 Kbps (58.6 KB/sec)

244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec)
N/A

speeds

I have been reaching solid 61KB/s over the weekend.

I am currently downloading around 11.4GB from the connection, and the combined total was around 60 - 61

Considering, it's still slow and painful process for this much data.

luckily, I am using my ADSL connection in work to download the other 17.4GB.
N/A

speeds

cheers 4 that ,it seeems like my speeds fine,kuglin says he got speeds faster than his service is rated at ,last nite i was at times getting 90 -100kb/s from imesh ,hows this possible if ive only got a 512 connection,not that i mind :lol:
N/A

speeds

i just tried the adsl guide and got 477 down and 247 up ( without overheads )

mine seems ok Smiley
N/A

speeds

just done same test and got 476 down ,249 up Cheesy