cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed results ?opera vs ie6

N/A

just been trying differant mtu tweeks for my 1 mb connection,i was using opera browser but could not get above 870 kbps,which is a fair bit lower than others ive seen posted ,after nearly giving up i thought i might as well try with another browser so i tried ie6 with an rwin of 31636 ,mtu1500,and i instantly got -963.70kbps,i think thats more like it ,well happy,,cya
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You probably have IE set to cache too much so it might just be giving a false reading, which is why you use a FTP server and FTP client not IE/Opera/Firefox and download an linux ISO as a speed test.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Indeed. Which speed test did you use for this?

If using the PlusNet one, try against the ADSL guide speed test.

If you get similar results, make sure you have both browsers using the same Java library. If IE is using its own Java library, then it could be your current installation of the Sun Java library causing problems with Opera, and I sugest an update.
N/A

adsl guide results ,ie6.Downstream 908 Kbps (113.5 KB/sec) 980 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec) 262 Kbps (inc. overheads) plusnet ie6 results-954.20kbps.which ever is right impretty happy with that.. :lol: