cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed problems

johnboy48
Dabbler

speed problems

already got a thread running on community support but not getting much sense so thought I would try here.

Download speed dropped dramatically a couple of weeks ago so ran speedtester and found my IP profile speed had been set to 135kbps but my connection speed was showing as 8128kbps. I waited a few days to see if it improved but it stayed at 135 despite the connection speed being 8128 every time I checked. I raised a ticket with support and included the speedtester reports. Supports not very helpful reply was to run speedtester and give them the results, confirming my belief that they don't actually read the tickets but just send a standard response to bat the ticket back to the customer as fast as possible. The IP profile went up to 500kbps a while ago but has been stuck there ever since despite getting a connection at 8128 every time I run speedtester. I have had a variety of responses from support, a bt engineer is being sent, a bt engineer is not required, just wait and it will improve, they are contacting bt to resolve. But it is still stuck at 500kbps. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be very much appreciated.

John
3 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

speed problems

PlusNet have referred this to BT as a stuck profile. Until BT take action (which won't happen over the weekend) to resolve this there isn't anything that PlusNet can do. I appreciate this is fruhstrating but please can you keep this problem in your original thread (here) to avoid duplication of effort.
johnboy48
Dabbler

speed problems

What is more frustrating is that plusnet have not told me this.

john
Community Veteran

speed problems

Lets keep the posts in one place as Peter suggested;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57462

Jonathan
aka Chilly