cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed is now terrible

N/A

speed is now terrible

Hi people,
I've been with Plusnet (using a voyager 105 usb) for over a year now, during this time speed has always been 'ok'... if a little slow (PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb) ha, ha give me a break ...never ever got over 1Mb, but that was fine for what i used the net for, but over the past few days (since January 30th I'm guessing) my speed has dropped to around 250kbps and at one point yesterday it was 90kbps.

I haven't changed anything i.e. phone line, cables etc... no viruses (I'm using a mac) so, what gives!!! Other posts I've noticed in the forums seem to be having trouble with Broadband Plus... again why has it gone 'downhill' all of a sudden, and is this the route of my problem... well if any one could help or if someone from Plusnet could reply to this post I would be very greatfull.

Here an example of my recent speed tests below...... great eh!! (I feel like its 2001 all over again, when I had my 56k connection)

07-02-2007 21:07:26 269.9
07-02-2007 19:26:39 248.4
07-02-2007 19:14:22 280.2
07-02-2007 19:13:58 173.1
07-02-2007 18:47:26 263
07-02-2007 17:47:33 253
07-02-2007 17:46:05 251.3
07-02-2007 17:43:04 258.5
73 REPLIES
N/A

speed is now terrible

Make your way to the back of the que please Wink

PN are "looking very hard" at the problem. it's apparently a level 1 problem....I'd hate to see how long they take to sort out a level 2 or 3 problem.
N/A

speed is now terrible

need I say more

I want my dialup modem back, I remember the days when broadband meant broadband, 44k is not broadband by definition, maybe PN should be selling narrowband (occasionally broadband). I am not on LLU I assume as my upload connection speed is 448, I was under the impression LLU get a higher connection speed
N/A

oh well......

.....At least I'm not alone, also I've just found out after some digging around on this site that I'll get hit for nearly £60 if I move back to Telewest... where, by the way I was getting a average speed of 1.7Mb... I only moved to Plusnet for that 'magic 8Mb' download... hmmmm! should have read the small print... I guess
N/A

Broadband Plus - Awful speeds -Me too

Hmm. PN have just advised me that there is "nothing wrong with my broadband connection". Well I am syncing at around 2400kbps but getting an astronomic 130kbps since yesterday when other Broadband Plus customers have hit the same problem. Perhaps someone from PN might link this as a real problem and fix it. Prior to yesterday my line was behaving like a 2MB line, now it's like ISDN. Started doenloading a 45min programme at 22:25 last night. Download completed at 06:55 this morning!!!
N/A

Re: Broadband Plus - Awful speeds -Me too

since yesterday when other Broadband Plus customers have hit the same problem.

Think yourself lucky (kind of Wink ) I've had it for over a week now, and it seems to be getting worse Sad
N/A

if anyone from plusnet in online........

Here's my fault ID: 21249884 is that's any help
N/A

speed is now terrible

PN have now replied to my ticket and said that 44k is normal for broadband and that there is no fault, has anyone got a 56k modem they can lend me?I hate PN such a bunch of xxxxx. I cant move as I have 6 months before I leave the God forsaken country
sam
Grafter

speed is now terrible

osxmarky

Please see the ticket on your account, and PM me once you have done the other speed tests.

PN have now replied to my ticket and said that 44k is normal for broadband

I have had a look at your ticket and we are unable to detect the speed test results. Please go to http://www.speedtester.bt.com and complete the tests, we will need 3 tests completing, with 1 completing between 4pm and midnight.

One you have done the tests, plaese add the results to the ticket and PM me and I will have a look at the fault for you.
N/A

speed is now terrible

Hi, my broadband has been very slow for some time now... I pay £21.99 a month for this service as well Sad

I'm going to change ISP if it's not sorted out...
sam
Grafter

speed is now terrible

robsturt

Please action speed tests via the BT speedtester site.

I have updated your ticket with further instructions.

Let me know when you have done the tests and I will look in to it further for you.
N/A

speed is now terrible

having some problems accessing http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ has this been block by PN to stop people submitting anymore speed results or is my connection so slow it keeps timing out?
N/A

speed is now terrible

Its pretty rubbish, it only ever seems to work 1 in 10 times it seems.

Sadly we all just have to keep trying. Cry

Perhaps one day the good chaps at BT will spend some cash and sort it out..... :shock:
N/A

speed is now terrible

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Split post from Pamlico into new topic - which can be found here
N/A

speed is now terrible

managed to get some speed tests done, will now have to sit and wait