cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed gradualy dropping

N/A

speed gradualy dropping

i got the internet in july i original connected stable at 1600kbps then it dropped to 120kbps at start of november then just before christmas has dropped to 900/800kbps

can anyone help me or sudjest why this has happened or what i could do to fix it

thanks troy
5 REPLIES
pacem
Grafter

speed gradualy dropping

I'd hazzard a guess; - BT have shafted you.

But first a proper check:
Does your sync fluctuate? If yes does it correspond with the weather or a specific daily cycle (possibly relating to electrical interferece.)

Have you tried replacing your filters?

Have you tried unplugging all your phones?

Do you have a DECT phone near your router?

Have you tried pulling the front face plate off you master phone socket and connecting to the socket behind it?

Failing any of the above: what are your line stats? If you SNR margin has been randomly bumped up to 16dB when it only needs to be 6 or 9dB then that would explain a lot. Slowly but surely I'm noticing more and more people who have their SNR stuck too high despite having a stable line that should support a much lower SNR.

My SNR has never dropped below 15dB in the last 2 weeks and my sync is 1700kbs, it should be 2700kbs at 9dB (or faster at 6dB) but from all the threads I've read there isn't much hope of getting it fixed.

Paul.<><
N/A

speed gradualy dropping

I'd hazzard a guess; - BT have shafted you.

But first a proper check:
Does your sync fluctuate? If yes does it correspond with the weather or a specific daily cycle (possibly relating to electrical interferece.)

Have you tried replacing your filters?

Have you tried unplugging all your phones?

Have you tried pulling the front face plate off you master phone socket and connecting to the socket behind it?

Failing any of the above: what are your line stats? If you SNR margin has been randomly bumped up to 16dB when it only needs to be 6 or 9dB then that would explain a lot. Slowly but surely I'm noticing more and more people who have their SNR stuck too high despite having a stable line that should support a much lower SNR.

My SNR has never dropped below 15dB in the last 2 weeks and my sync is 1700kbs, it should be 2700kbs at 9dB (or faster at 6dB) but from all the threads I've read there isn't much hope of getting it fixed.

Paul.<><

what is one of these "DECT"

anything else i can do?
pacem
Grafter

speed gradualy dropping

Sorry, I meant a cordless phone.

Try turning round 3 times on the spot and saying Rumpelstiltskin...

Paul.<><
N/A

speed gradualy dropping

Interesting....are cordless phones known to cause interference with routers then?
This, i now realize, is the one thing that has changed for me recently..and may have some bearing on my recent sync blips if it is indeed the case.
Liam
Grafter

speed gradualy dropping

Yep.. they can do. I've been OK with mine but I know some cause some fairly big problems.

To the OP. Could you possibly run this for me?

http://speedtester.bt.com

Many Thanks.