cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed for p2p

N/A

speed for p2p

hi

i wanted to know what kind of speeds to expect for a p2p application.i sometimes use limewire,but i only get speeds of upto 4 kb. it was never like this before.Has anyone else experienced this.

i have a 2mb premier account.

thanks in advance Smiley
12 REPLIES
N/A

speed for p2p

Hi there,

have a look at the Usergroup article here

It should answer your queries and make the "vision" statement a bit easier to understand.

If you have further queries, post back.
N/A

speed for p2p

thanks

i have seen that article, but my total data usage for this month is only 6 gig.so i guess that stage one doesn't apply to me .

but anyway my download speed hasn't improved so i'm guessing that something is wrong with limewire.

cheers Cool
N/A

speed for p2p

Same with me, i havn't used up much, ive used 10GB, and my speed on LimeWire and other P2P's and Torrents are not even maxing 2KB/s Evil So something is wrong.. and not with Torrents, and im not behind router or firewall before you even say. Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil
jagger
Grafter

speed for p2p

Not behind a router or firewall? :shock:

Have you scanned for spyware ? virus? adware ? keyloggers?

I've got a torrent right now coming in at 50KB/s.It won't go higher because of the peering level.(Bittorrent by the way)

A decent Linux distribution will max my line out at 245 ish KB/s.

That'd be 2meg premier.

Try a search for "limewire".There's a bit of reading for you.
N/A

speed for p2p

Yes, i have scanned for everything, and it isn't just Limewire. It's WinMX, BitComet (torrent client). The only one that always has bypassed it, even when i was on 2MB Plus is Ares. So what the hell is going on?
Alecto
Grafter

speed for p2p

Must be something in your setup.
Are you using the default ports for the torrents? If so, that could be it.
N/A

speed for p2p

Well whats the difference if i swap ports? It'll still get blocked. Because i changed ports on WinMX, same thing.
N/A

speed for p2p

It seems to be somewhat exponential. I've only downloaded 36.3GB~ but during 'peak' i dont get/send more than 300-400 bytes/sec from dc/em, and most things simply timeout after 2-3 mins.

Suffice to say i'm fairly peeved, and if it isn't some kind of mistake and indeed 'working as intended' it's only a matter of time before i find a more suitable solution... maybe payG if it isn't effected.
Alecto
Grafter

speed for p2p

Well whats the difference if i swap ports? It'll still get blocked. Because i changed ports on WinMX, same thing.

A lot of torrent sites now block a range of ports around the default ones.
It is therefore advisable to select ports for your torrents that are well away from the default ones. Plusnet do not block these ports.

I was simply trying to help.
N/A

speed for p2p

Well last night, in the night, about 2am'ish. I got 213KB/s, so im happy i suppose, but not disrespecting PlusNet, but im hoping to move to BeThere. When my contract finally finishes if PlusNet cant offer me better than 24MB Broadband for £24 and a free wireless router?? CheesyCheesy
N/A

speed for p2p

Plusnet is throttling you. It is nothing wrong with your settings, it's started happening to me as well for no reason. Bye bye plusnet when I recieve my MAC code, can't wait to go to an honest no-bullshit ISP.
N/A

speed for p2p

PlusNet are still okay, although they have gone down the wrong road with their 'visions of the future' but their peak-times is really annoying me, they say its 16:00 - 00:00 but it feels like it starts at 12:00 as thats when my p2p downloads struggle, getting to 3kbs max most days