cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed/connection drop!!

firmager
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

hey i was just wondering if anyone else was having serious speed issues tonight?!

i have broadband premier 2mb connection and normally everything is working fine however tonight all my downloads, website browsing and everything has slowed rite down. Ive done some speed tests with the plusnet tool and its showing me connected about 800kbps instead of 2.2mbps. i repeated this about 10 times!

also i've hardly used any of my usage this month, so i no this wont be effecting it!

there is heavy snowfall in my area at the minute (and will be for the next few days). althought between the actual local exchange and my house there is hardly any, could this however still be causing a problem??

any suggestions??

tim
14 REPLIES
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

I have 2Mb premier too. I've noticed over the last couple of months that my downloads during peak times have been getting throttled down to about 50K per second (even if I haven't hit any download limit levels blah blah) but tonight my download speeds have hovered around 5k per sec and sometimes just drop to zero all together. It may be coincedence but yeah, you're not the only one having speed issues tonight.

I give up! Evil
firmager
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

It's not just downloads though, it's surfing the web, checking emails, the lot, it's very weird!!!

Well i spose i'll see what tomorrow brings...and if it's yet more slow connections and speeds then it'll be a query to plus.net!!

Hmmm....although I do have a sneaking suspicion this is a BT line problem although who knows!?!?!
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

the speed problem seems to affect web-based data more than others. last night downloading via the web was indeed about 50kb/s when news servers were running at the correct speed. Speed tests are done thru the web.....
Can't blame contention when only one aspect of the service is suffering. I suspect some form of throttling being applied at PNet's end. Could be that their recent expansion is causing a 'contention' problem on their web servers at peak times.
Just a thought..

Tom B
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

My connection has dropped 3 times so far in the past 2-3 hours,getting varying pings and packet loss.
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

Three drops last night, two today. Connection drops, and my router cannot reconnect for 2-3 minutes afterwards.
danep
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

Hi all

Lots of disconnects and slowdown here as well. Needing to re-dial in all the time. Whats going on? I know they were supposed to have `upgraded' some of their kit recently but if this is the result then someone needs their head chopping. Been bad now for last few days.

Regards
Dane
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

Similar thread on the Community Forum - it's not just you, it seems to be a widespread problem.
firmager
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

So anyone know when it'll be sorted out?

(never is not answer Tongue )
danep
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

Hi all

I can connect to all sites using my Vodaphone GPRS card in my laptop so not sure what the problem is for Plusnet and other ISP's. Thank god I have this card as a backup!!

Regards
Dane
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

I have been having problems for the last 2 days.

My connection drops every hour or so and I cannot get connected again for 2-3 mins.

This is getting silly!! :twisted:
Ritey
Grafter

speed/connection drop!!

...if u acknowledge a problem then your half way to solving it...

we got a long way to go then Smiley
N/A

me 2

I'm in cambridge on the Premier 2Mb package..

I've been having serious bandwidth and response time issues for 2/3 days!

Last night i couldn't even connect, this morning i was getting 1900kbps (normal) and now back down to 90!!! kbps! What's going on!? Plus, we need and answer!

----
Will
N/A

speed/connection drop!!

N/A

speed/connection drop!!

ive had problems all month, poor speeds and drop outs, hopefully "maintainence" will sort this out....