cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*solved* Am I doing something wrong?

N/A

Hi Everyone

I've ordered the easy start package, and although my ADSL is not officially sipposed to start til tomorrow after 12pm I've plugged my modem in already and got line synch fine on it. This was last night, so I was hoping that Plusnets early activation thing would kick in. I tried connecting last night for a few hours with no luck and the same this morning so am i being a bit impatient or maybe doing something wrong? On the modem diagnostic test it passes all up to the PPP test where it says the ISP server failed to authenticate my username/password. All the line tests and stuff pass ok. I've tried rentering my username and password in case i'd entered it wrong before. I'm sure the line is activated as BT cut me off for a while on Wednesday and when I picked the phone up there was an engineer working on it.

Any other ideas? I'd love to gt on a bit early! Cheers

Mark
4 REPLIES
N/A

When I look in Internet explorer->options->connections there is no connection for the adsl modem or plusnet or anything, should the install Cd have configured this for me or is done after connecting to plusnet for the first time? Should i manually make a new connection?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Mark,

Your account's now active, please ensure that the username is entered as markfarrow@plusdsl.net
N/A

Setup programme should have placed a new icon on your desktop. Double click on this and enter user name and password. Subsequently double click on this icon to connect. Use Internet Explorer to browse
N/A

All sorted now, thaks for the help. Been running fine all afternoon, glad to have BB at last!

Mark