cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so just how good is ADSL ?

N/A

so just how good is ADSL ?

Hello everyone,

I am currently waiting for my ADSL connection to be turned on.....just how good is ADSL ??

I have read many of the topics posted in this forum, and apart from a few issues the majority of people have rated plusnet with high marks.

Hopefully i shall be connected via ADSL next week and i will enjoy uninterrupted fast connection !!

Regards
Andy
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: so just how good is ADSL ?

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently waiting for my ADSL connection to be turned on.....just how good is ADSL ??
>
> I have read many of the topics posted in this forum, and apart from a few issues the majority of people have rated plusnet with high marks.
>
> Hopefully i shall be connected via ADSL next week and i will enjoy uninterrupted fast connection !!
>
> Regards
> Andy

ADSL is good for games etc but on the downloading side it just makes you want to download more and bigger files so you end up waiting anyway.
IMO its taken all the fun out of the internet.
Lag and waiting times were all apart of it and now there isn't any it seems boring.
N/A

I have had ADSL now for 1.5 years, and even back when I was paying the £45ish a month I thought it was worth it. Yes I still wait to download stuff, but thats because I'm downloading many MB's. My connection is active 24x7, I play on-line with no lag.
I can see the point about it spoiling the internet, but my view is that its moved the internet into a everyday/anytime tool, that previously I thought was slow and unreliable.

I for one could never go back to dial up.

To infinity etc .......
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently waiting for my ADSL connection to be turned on.....just how good is ADSL ??
>
> I have read many of the topics posted in this forum, and apart from a few issues the majority of people have rated plusnet with high marks.
>
> Hopefully i shall be connected via ADSL next week and i will enjoy uninterrupted fast connection !!
>
> Regards
> Andy

What no ISP tells you when you get DSL, is that you should get a bigger HD or HD's not just a modem and or router. Go by the old HD formula and double it Wink

HD size = double what you need plus 10% for good measure
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
the_norris
Grafter

Just got ADSL today - well ADSL line was activated on Wednesday at 10am. Router dispactched and got in friday. Had to collect it from the depo. Smiley

Got home plugged every thing in and setup. Only one problem - the quick start setup guide (sheet of A4 paper) was for the PCI card! not the router. But lucky downloaded it before hand in preparation.
Followed the guide. BANG! Hi speed Internet! yippy Smiley

Speeds are good - used PlusNet speed checker got 405kps. Will retest tomorrow morning. Did test at 8pm (Peak time). So the 53KBytes/sec download speed I'm getting at the moment is very nice.

> Hello everyone,
>
>
>
>
> Regards
> Andy

Community Veteran

> What no ISP tells you when you get DSL, is that you should get a bigger HD or HD's not just a modem and or router. Go by the old HD formula and double it Wink
>
> HD size = double what you need plus 10% for good measure

How very true this is. Especially if you start downloading music and video!!.
Had 20 gig but it just filled up so I put another 40 gig in as well.Should last me a little while longer but I may have to go for an 80 gig in the future.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk