cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow

N/A

slow

I have never had any prblems with connecting with the service.
The only problem that I'm having is the slow speed and delay in which web pages come up, to be honest this is not what I expected especially after using a 56K connection for some time.
In some way I hope that plus net are having some bandwidth problems so that they can restore that 'WOW' factor that I was so looking forward to when I signed up for the service.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: slow

Have you had a look at the earlier posting about switching off Zone Alarm (if ur running it) for the time being? I've done that and my downloads are absolutely flying at the mo!

> I have never had any prblems with connecting with the service.
> The only problem that I'm having is the slow speed and delay in which web pages come up, to be honest this is not what I expected especially after using a 56K connection for some time.
> In some way I hope that plus net are having some bandwidth problems so that they can restore that 'WOW' factor that I was so looking forward to when I signed up for the service.

N/A

RE: slow

> Have you had a look at the earlier posting about switching off Zone Alarm (if ur running it) for the time being? I've done that and my downloads are absolutely flying at the mo!

I've managed to get something approaching normal service by turning the Zone Alarm setings down to Medium, but this really isn't a good idea for permanent use, never mind running with no firewall at all! My ADSL was working fine with the high security setting before the present trouble hit the fan, so it's still up to PlusNet to fix whatever they broke, which I hope they will manage soon.