cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow webpages and slow download

N/A

slow webpages and slow download

weve been experiencing this for sum time now, tried different pc`s, different modems, different OS`s, tweak this tweak that, weve tried evrything but still we constantly got CRC errors, HEC errors and the ADSL connection is discarding about 25% of traffic, plusnet continued to say the problem wasnt their end, from today we dont seem to be getting any errors and speed appears to be fine, we r continuing to test our connection just to see if it is ok now.

i noticed plus.net site was down lastnight due to "maintenance" could this maintenance have sorted alot of their problems out thus sorting out our problems too?? maybe plus.net just didnt have a clue how to solve these problems, but whatever they did lastnight maybe its worked.

anyopne else noticed improvementHuh?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: slow webpages and slow download

Hi Andrew,

The problem last night was that our secondary database platform suffered a massive hardware failure and we had to take an instant snapshot backup of our primary database *In Case* that had any problems.

The work was carried out successfully and additonally we are now running from four fully replicated database servers, whereas before only two were live. There is a possibility this could make the portal go a bit faster, but it certainly won't have affected anything else, especially DSL connectivity, which is controlled from a seperate site 160 miles away!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support

N/A

so how come before lastnite our connection was crap? now u carried out sum "unrelated" work our connection has never been better than this, what ever u have done....DONT TOUCH ANYTHING lol just leave it...dont press anything lol
N/A

> so how come before lastnite our connection was crap? now u carried out sum "unrelated" work our connection has never been better than this, what ever u have done....DONT TOUCH ANYTHING lol just leave it...dont press anything lol

LOL - There are two possible reasons:

1. It's a weekend, so the usage profile on your exchange is totally different. If this is the case then that is good, because it means we can point BT in the direction of an overloaded exchange card and they can fix it. The problem is that come Monday, you may well get the same issue arising again.

2. BT have been doing a HUGE amount of work on their DSLAMS at exchange level in the last few months. This may well have fixed something that we didn't even know was broken.

I can spend as long as you like trying to explain it, but believe me yesterdays problems cannot have affected ADSL connections - More to the point the problem you were getting wasn't something that was being caused anywhere within our own network.

I think it's probably best if we leave it there - If we talk about it being fixed for too long it will undoubtably go wrong again :-)

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support