cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow torrent downloads

N/A

slow torrent downloads

Hello

Has anyone noticed any slow torrent downloads?

Started for me last thursday, when suddenly torrent download speed became half of what it used to be and has not picked up.

Have done a search on the net and have also noticed other people with various ISP's have noticed this.

I am using the 2mb connectiona and also azereus and usually got an average of 100kb/s, this reduced down to approx 35 to 50kb/s on whatever torrent I used.

Have tried different torrent packages and still no joy, have changed my firewall from zone alarm to sygate personal firewall as there was a suggestion that the lastest version of zone alarm conflicted with azereus, this helped a bit and I now get regular 50kb/s download.

Please note my download speed on normal downloads is an average of 220kb/s which although not perfect is perfectly acceptable for me.

Any ideas what has happened to torrents?
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

slow torrent downloads

I'm assuming you're not on Home Surf or BB Plus? HS doesn't support P2P and BB Plus has P2P "shaped".

If you're on one of the packages that support P2P, then try the Test Torrent on this page.
It should download at 220+ within seconds.

I've noticed no problems up to yesterday evening with Azureus.

I assume you're getting green faces?
N/A

on 2mb premier

Hello

I am on the 2mb premier package and yes am getting the green icon/face

WIll use the test torrent link you sent.

Thanks

darrenf
N/A

very useful guide

Hello

Thanks for that guide, will double check everything when some time this week.

got starwars to watch tonight

thanks

darrenf
Alecto
Grafter

slow torrent downloads

No problem.
If you get the green faces, I'd suspect your connection's OK and you're getting through the firewall. The test torrent (five lines from the bottom of the page, I think) will confirm it for you.