cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speeds

N/A

slow speeds

hiya i have just recently upgraded my account to broadband yourway and i am experiancing slow speeds. yesterday i was reciving 3mbps and then 2dai i am experiancing speeds of under 1mbps which i find disgraceful as i am paying £19.99. i am well within my 25gb usage limit i have only used 1gb overall this month can anyone help me out thanks!!!!!
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

slow speeds

Your slow speed is not caused by any traffic management restrictions we have set on your line.

It appears that something has caused your connection to sync below 1Mb with the exchange and this in turn causes the connection profile to drop to keep a stable connection.

As long as your modem/router syncs higher for 3 days then the connection profile will increase again. I would advise looking at this thread for information on the way Max DSL operates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

re

well can you tell me when i will be reciving my normal speeds again as i find this service rubbish because i am paying £19.99 a month for what i cant download nothing or even surf the internet fast becuase of your rubbish company and service if this not sorted soon then their will be furhter action taken and also i would not reccomend this company to anyone
chrisc
Grafter

slow speeds

Can you please post the results of a BT Speed Test. This will show you sync speed and line profile and we will then be able to advise further for you.

If your line profile has been lowered by BT it may be due to increased noise or interference on the line and is ultimately beyond our control.

If you sync at a higher rate than your current throughput speeds for 72 hours then the profile will automatically increase.
N/A

re

the speed test i have done show my current speed to be at 165kbytes when it should be 2.4mbps
Community Veteran

slow speeds

As requested can you post the full details of the speedtest as the other info reported is what PN require to investigate further.

If you are syncing at a lower speed, there is nothing PN can do as the sync to the exchange is BTs responsibility.

Also do any checks when connected to the test socket behind the lower user removable panel on the master socket. This eliminates any internal/local wiring as being the cause of your lower sync speed. Also check all phones are connected via ADSL filter/splitter including sky boxes etc.