slow speed

Traceroute Results: View Traceroutes
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 09:00 to 09:15
Traceroute Duration: 15 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 1 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: victoria
Problem: Other (Please explain below)
Other Problem Experienced: not getting any data at all, cant reach the speed test page coz its displaying page cannot be displayed
Duration of Problem: More than 2 weeks
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 1 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 1 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 1 kbps
Account: Broadband Easystart - 512kb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: i do not know the traceroute packet size and loss and also the minimum and maximum speed test , i had to fill these in to submit the details otherwise it wouldnt let me submit
7 REPLIES
N/A

slow speed

Can you please use the utility provided for download on the fault report page. This is called WinMTR.

This gets around some of the issues with the normal traceroute functionality, and also has the data size in the options dialogue.

I sugest a spread of 100 pings minimum, to the address www.mirror.ac.uk

In adition, you note no data can be sent or received. Did you do the traces with the ADSL or the connection you used to post?
N/A

slow speed

This doesn't look like a speed issue, more a connection issue.
N/A

slow speed

i used the adsl connection to do the traceroute. my adsl connects when i put in my password and username, but it starts to go slow when i click on internet explorer it keeps saying page cannot be displayed and i cant get windows updates coz it keeps saying tha. i even tried my adsl broadband connection on an another computer and the same thing happens.
N/A

slow speed

Two questions:

Can you send/receive Email ??
Have you set the DNS to 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 ??
Can you ping as suggested above, try mirror.ac.uk and 212.219.247.19 and see which one gives you a result.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

slow speed

Hi,

If you are using Windows XP have you ensured that you have Service Pack 1 installed. The Binatone modem we supply with EasyStart needs Service Pack 1 installed otherwise you won't get any data transfer at all on the broadband connection.

If you can't get to Windows Update to download it, then Microsoft should be able to send you a CD out if you give them a call.
csogilvie
Grafter

slow speed

To furhter confuse matters: the newer version of the Binatone USB Modem, still called the same name, didn't need Service Pack 1?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

slow speed

The way to identify them is that the orginal version had 2 lights on the front and the new one 3 lights. The newer one works similar to a router and turns the USB port into a network adapter.