cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow or what?

N/A

slow or what?

hi all,
iv just been reading some posts about poor speeds so i decided to do one for myself this is the result i got:

2002-10-21 17:08:14 EST: 52 / 5
Your download speed : 52145 bps, or 52 kbps.
A 6.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 5632 bps, or 5 kbps.
Your connection hardly qualified as broadband, at least in that test

pathetic or what?

one thing caught my att. though , iv given up on browsing the web as the pages are taking ages to appear, but plusnets download super fast? cant understand why?

mark
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: slow or what?

Hi Mark,
Im not entirely sure but i think it is because that we are connected to a server that is right next to where their website is hosted. I discovered this when doing a tracert and finding that to get to the Plusnet site you go through less servers than any of the other sites.

As for the speeds, sorry im in the same boat.

Come on Plusnet, get this sorted out!
Hope this helps,

William Allan
N/A

> Hi Mark,
> Im not entirely sure but i think it is because that we are connected to a server that is right next to where their website is hosted. I discovered this when doing a tracert and finding that to get to the Plusnet site you go through less servers than any of the other sites.
>
> As for the speeds, sorry im in the same boat.
>
> Come on Plusnet, get this sorted out!
> Hope this helps,
>
> William Allan

Same here lads, I got faster download speeds on 56k dial up, and I aint joking. I'm getting sick of it now and it won't be long before I'm off elswhere.
N/A

Well, all I can say is that I've never had anything but very fast connection/download speeds from PlusNet.. no bull.. have you tried configuring Windows for optimum transmission setup?

N/A

Hi,
No i havent but obviously something is wrong at Plusnets end as if it was my end it would only be me that would be affected.
Also it was working fine about a week ago so what has changed?
And Plusnet wont reply to my post via the portal either. So much for customer service.
A few more days of this and i will be seriously thinking about cancelling and switching to an ISP who can provide a service
N/A

> Hi,
> No i havent but obviously something is wrong at Plusnets end as if it was my end it would only be me that would be affected.
> Also it was working fine about a week ago so what has changed?
> And Plusnet wont reply to my post via the portal either. So much for customer service.
> A few more days of this and i will be seriously thinking about cancelling and switching to an ISP who can provide a service

I tested again tonight on ADSLguides speed test and this is the result
Downstream 134 Kbps (16.8 KB/sec) 154 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 33 Kbps (4.1 KB/sec) 37 Kbps (inc. overheads

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Plusnet sort this out its very eratic sometimes the speed tests are fine but most of the time they are ***** funny thing is the plusnet speed tester is never ***** !!! ADSLGUIDE is logged and used to compare ISP's so come on plusnet before you get a bad review and slip down the tables !!!! after all I chose you through the aforementioned web site as have many others

Jim