cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server timed out

N/A

server timed out

i cannot send email out through ms outlook it hangs for a while then it says

sending reported error [0x8004210b] the operation timed out waiting for the response from the sending [smtp] server. if you continue to recieve this message
contact your service administrator or internet service provider the server responder [550] sender verify failed

sorry to keep posting messages but i need to sort it out thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

server timed out

not having any problems here. It definatly sounds like a problem with your firewall or your antivirus.

Also make sure that in outlook you haven't Log on using SPA and also if you press more settings and then the outgoing tab make sure that "my server requires authentication" isn't ticked
N/A

server timed out

no everythings fine i aint even got my antivirus or firewall switched on
Community Veteran

server timed out

are you connected to the internet via a plusnet connection? I just noticed that it mentions error 550 which means relaying denied, you usually see it when you done have authorisaton to connect to the smtp server, in terms onf plusnet it means that you are connecting to them via a non plusnet IP address
N/A

server timed out

i have turned the firewall antivirus off and now its working but i need help on something i set up a email adress on outlook via a mailbox ect its been set up for 2 days but i cant recieve email through outlook but im getting it in webmail i have just set up another account and that is working all correctly recieving emails via outlook ect what could the problem be
Community Veteran

server timed out

Paul can I suggest you have a look at the help guides as these are pretty much fool proof.

Setting up outlook

Setting up Mailboxes