Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending attachments over 1mb

danep
Grafter

Hi all and support,

For a while now I have been unable to send large attachments in excess of 1mb+. I have no idea why, but it seems related to plusnets email system as I can send using other providers. Is there some limit in place?

Regards
Dane
3 REPLIES
danep
Grafter

Hi support,

I have read that this can be caused by an incorrect MTU setting on one of your routers perhaps??

regards
Dane.
Community Veteran

MTU (Maximum transmission Unit) will not be the cause as that just determins how your data will be split up into packets before your information is sent between nodes (routers) on the internet and the MTU figure can be different between different nodes on the internet

PlusNet have an attachment limit of 100Mbytes so that is not the cause of your problem.

Are you getting any error emails back - maybe the recipients mailbox is full or has a limit on attachment sizes they can receive.

Are you using the same PC and email program when you say you have tried other providers? What email programs have you tried and which were successful? Have you tried via PlusNets webmail rather than via a client mail program on your PC?

Cheers

Peter Cool
danep
Grafter

Hi support,

It was saying that it was timing out waiting for your smtp server. I have changed a few settings again to see if I can fix it and it has finally gone. Not sure which one did it though lol. Could have been the smtp log on setting in Outlook.

Regards
Dane