cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router setup problem

N/A

router setup problem

Just got a 3com ADSL router, I have configured the router and I have a green LED which shows connection. However I cannot get connected to the internet. When I go to the router user manager \\192.168.200.254 it tells me that the ADSL connection is UP and internet is down - it says the reason is 'Remote side terminated'

I have had a look on the service status and there is a post

'19/11/2002 @ 10:33 ADSL Routing: Configuration
Dear Customers,

Following a number of customers reporting problems regarding routing on the ADSL network, we have in the last 24 hours made configuration changes to our core routers which should resolve these issues. '

Is my problem related to this or is it something different

Thanks for any help

John
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: router setup problem

I had exactly the same problem; all 3 lights on the panel are green.

This shows that the ADSL line is working; disconnect the line from the telephone point and the adsl indicator light will turn off (indicating the the line is down). when you reconnect the line it will turn amber and flash as it is trying to connect to Plusnet's server.

The reason why I did not connect was because I was supplied with 2 faulty filters - you could hear the adsl linking through the filter (The filter should be blocking this noise!).

2 new filters and the problem was solved!

Good luck

Eamon

> Just got a 3com ADSL router, I have configured the router and I have a green LED which shows connection. However I cannot get connected to the internet. When I go to the router user manager 2.168.200.254 it tells me that the ADSL connection is UP and internet is down - it says the reason is 'Remote side terminated'
>
> I have had a look on the service status and there is a post
>
> '19/11/2002 @ 10:33 ADSL Routing: Configuration
> Dear Customers,
>
> Following a number of customers reporting problems regarding routing on the ADSL network, we have in the last 24 hours made configuration changes to our core routers which should resolve these issues. '
>
> Is my problem related to this or is it something different
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> John
>