cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regrade??!!

N/A

regrade??!!

k, i placed an order to regrade my 1/5 mb prem account to a 1mb prem account on the 6th of this month, a fee was taken, then i was told it would be put on hold till the 14th, then i got a ticket saying it was being dealt with yesterday but obviously it wasnt.

i understand theres been delays across the board on regrades but i submitted a ticket reguarding this matter over 9 hours ago! without reply, alot of people have had thiers enabled already and id just like to know whats going on and why mine hasnt been enabled or even looked at for me.

plusnet staff reply plz :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

regrade??!!

You will have to be alittle more patient with ticket replies as plusnet have been swamped with regrades so replies are taking longer than they normally do.They will get around to your ticket when it's turn comes (i.e. when all the other related tickets raised before yours have been actioned because they are dealt with in the order they were raised).

The delays for regrades are at BT's end, who have also been swamped with regrade requests and several critical issues which has effected a lasrge number f newly regraded lines. The put on hold message is perfectly normal as plusnet do this as soon as the order is submitted to BT. It will automatically be reactivated on the date given so they can check with BT if the work has been completed. If it has not, it will be put on hold again for a few days and the check process repeated. Plusnet cannot do anything until BT have completed the work so they like you have to wait for BT.

Othrs have seen similar delays and the regrade has normally been completed by BT within 1 or 2 days of the original completion date.
N/A

regrade??!!

15+ hours now and counting, still no reply to my ticket, sorry but they cant be THAT backlogged, ive also had 2 drops of connection unrelated to the regrade today, this is pathetic, i have a right not to be patient, i should of been on 1mb yesterday ffs.
Community Veteran

regrade??!!

Yes they can be that backlogged - estimates of over 500 regrades/day were being received early last week and add to that all the new migrations means the provisioning team are under a lot of pressure. Also provisoning don't work 24/7 so your ticket will probably be picked up tomorrow.

This is not the normal situation but with so many regrades/migrations and new ADSL activations due the the line limit changes they are getting through this as quickly as possible.
N/A

regrade??!!

Surely plusnet foresaw this surge in regrade requests because of the bt change?!

They should of made the necessary arangements to cope with it so the effect to the customer would be minimal, 2-5 days delay is NOT minimal, i heard that extra people have been drafted in aswell, clearly not enough, put these extra bods in a nightshift, until the backlog clears, whatever, u cant just trundle along with delays like this. What are we paying for eh??

Pull your finger out +net, its common sense
N/A

regrade??!!

Common sence is not to drag all and sundry out of one department, leaving another behind.

As a result of the amount of regrade requests, Customer Service was also behind in answering tickets.

AKA, it's a fine balancing act. Take too many, you are simply creating a whole new problem.

I beleive PlusNet did the best they could. Otherwise the number of problems seen by users as a side effect of the BT breakdowns would have also been worse. Again, creating a new problem that needed dealing with.

Speed processing new recruits should only be done in small numbers. The more you put in place, the more "new starter" errors you are going to see. Again, creatign an new problem down the line.

I am sure if you had the opertunity to see a CS manager at work, and presures placed upon them, you would understand that what you ask, is not quite possible.
N/A

regrade??!!

It's no good whining on the boards all day, you will get the same situation with all isp's at the moment. In any case, it took weeks for my regrade to go through, and the updates on the tickets were often more than 2 days apart. When the upgrade did occur, it was another full day until my password worked - I have still not had any info on the open tickets for at least 4 days.

It's the same for everyone, so you just gotta live with it. You won't find it any different at another isp.
N/A

regrade??!!

I was supposed to be upgraded to 1mb today and guess what?

It happenned 30 minutes ago!!!! :lol:

Now what can I downloadHuhHuh :?
N/A

regrade??!!

Supposed to have been upgraded yesterday to 1mbit... no signs of confirmation or change yet. :x Though the speeds are up and down like a yo yo.. sometimes 5KB/s sometimes (rarely) 130KB/s. :shock: My router says it's connected at 1mbit though,.. guess Plusnet just need to upgrade me their end.
N/A

regrade??!!

I was supposed to be upgraded to 1mb today and guess what?

It happenned 30 minutes ago!!!! :lol:

Now what can I downloadHuhHuh :?

hehe, i just got home from work and found my connection now at 1mb, my upstream has taken a slight hit, but hey that's radsl for u :lol:
N/A

regrade??!!

My router says it's connected at 1mbit though,.. guess Plusnet just need to upgrade me their end

All PlusNet do on there end is to confirm that things have gone ahead, and start billing you for the new ammounts.

No other work is needed.

If you are getting slow speeds, then I sugest reconnecting, as currently, people will experiance issues regarding possible speed or packet loss issues, at a rate of 1 in 26 connection attempts.