cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduced snr and reduced phone volume are they related?

Community Veteran

I have changed my phone batteries and tried different phones in my sockets but the volume of normal calls is lower than it used to be and people are saying they can't hear me. I'm not whispering sweet nothings either!

could this loss in voulme for normal calls be related changes on my line which have caused my snr to reduce from 23 to 11 and sometimes below. If so is it something I can ask bt to look into.

attenuation is pretty consistent 43

A
5 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Report it as a telephone line fault to BT. Sorting out what has gone wrong with your voice line may well improve your broadband figures as well.
Community Veteran

shall do. Does anyone know the website that tells you which options to pick in their que system to get straight through. I read about ti somewhere but lost the magazine when the misses tidied the study :-)

A
Community Veteran

plugger into master sockect and snr now at 22 to 25 pretty constantly.

now all i have to do is buy a second wireless reciever for the pc which was conttected to the router by wire and I'm away with both pc's at full speed.

Cheesy
N/A

shall do. Does anyone know the website that tells you which options to pick in their que system to get straight through. I read about ti somewhere but lost the magazine when the misses tidied the study :-)

A

Yup phone up and keep pressing those * 's at the options prompt Wink. 5 Times and you should have an operator Smiley
Community Veteran

cheers. moved things around. router in master socked and stats are now excelent for 8mbps