cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ready to leave Plusnet, constant disconnections

N/A

I am really annoyed, for the last month i have been getting constant disconnections at least every 10 minutes since they decided to upgrade my line to maxDSL.
My old 1meg connection was fantastic i could be connected for hours upon hours. BUT, then things went bad. Plusnet decided to upgrade me to the most unstable line in the world !! My speedtouch modem is constantly flashing indicating that the line has dropped. I moved from Pipex because they were rubbish and now you are just the same.

for the record -

my modem is working okay, it has been checked

plugged into master socket

no other phones plugged into BT outlets

I dont use the internet much but when i do come to use it i have constant disconnections.

Fed up

jes x

i am ready to leave honestly. Where shall i go Huh
38 REPLIES
N/A

well to place a support ticket would be a good start, they can check your line out, youve waited over the initial period so you shouldnt be getting disconnected anymore, there might be a problem with the line so PN can check it and get BT on to it if need be
N/A

Best of luck with support ticket. I currently have six, none of which have been actioned excepts to keep asking me to carry out checks over and over again. They did once admit there was a problem but no further action appears to have been taken. My line hasn't stayed up for more than a few minutes at a time since my upgrade started on 23rd May. It took them nearly 2 weeks to even tell me I was being upgraded.
I am going to another ISP cannot stand the complete lack of response or common courtesy.
Julie
Grafter

Hi there

I am sorry to see you are having problems, it must be very frustrating.

I notice you mention you have a Speedtouch modem which model is it and have you got the latest drivers for it?
N/A

Hi,

My modem is the 330 model. Yes, i am using the latest drivers available from there site.

( it has just taken me about 20 times to connect to reply to this thread, this is crazy )

Thanks for the replies

jes x
N/A

Is it one of the earlier 330's? Apparently Alcatel chipsets don't work very well with Max.
N/A

Have you tried plugging your router into the BT test socket behind the Master Socket faceplate? I was getting constant resynching (and I mean every 30 seconds), but it appears to be a *lot* more stable in the BT test socket (requires unscrewing of lower part of faceplate).

I've got an ADSL splitter faceplate on order which should hopefully be arriving today so that the voice and data can be separated out at source and hopefully rememdy the problem for good.
N/A

Not too sure if its an early modem. How do i check ??

Here are a few results from DrSpeedtouch if this helps -

WANCommonInterfaceConfig
DSLUptime= 4379
ErrorredSeconds= 34
LossOfFraming= 34
LossOfLink= 1
LossOfSignal= 34
PhysicalLinkStatus= Up
ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 51
ReceiveMargin_dB= 6
RxOutputPower_dBm= 0
SendAttenuation_dB= 29
SendMargin_dB= 24
TotalBytesReceived= 14778096
TotalBytesSent= 2739623
TotalPacketsReceived= 17235
TotalPacketsSent= 17235
TxOutputPower_dBm= 0
Uptime= 4379
ChannelMode= Fast
Layer1DownstreamMaxBitRate= 5408000
Layer1UpstreamMaxBitRate= 448000
WANAccessType= DSL

Layer3Forwarding
DefaultConnectionService= WANDevice.WANConnectionDevice.0.WANPPPConnection.0
ForwardingTable

DeviceInfo
ASICVersion= Sachu 2
BoardName= ADNT-C
BootloaderFlags= _N/A_
CustomizationPattern= _N/A_
FlashInfo= _N/A_
IGDModelVersion= 1.1
ProductName= SpeedTouch 330
ProductRelease= 0x0200
SerialNumber=
SoftwareRelease= 301.0.0.12
VendorName= THOMSON

I am also going to try plugging modem leadstraight into bt master outlet behind faceplate as suggested.

thanks

jes x
N/A

with them stats you shouldnt have major disconnection problems, it might be worth you getting a router, they are better known to have less problems with connections.

My downstream SNR is only 6dB ( can fluctuate tho between 0-8 ) and i get disconnected once every hour or not for hours depending where abouts it is sitting.

all i can suggest is try the test socket in the master socket, unplug any phones/sky etc and see if you still have problems. It might be worth you getting a sheilded cable from the modem to the filter and a router mind.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Brackets altered for you so that the digit 8 doesn't apear as a smily.
boone70
Grafter

You must br joking, haven't you read the hundreds of postings in this forum. I will be leaving PN if my connection problems are not sorted very soon. I have had over a month of hassle and am at the end of my tether.
N/A

we too are getting contant dropping of the connection, three times whilst reading this thread, did all the checks , bought new modem etc, getting very frustrated with plusnet, yet they say the line is fine.
boone70
Grafter

I seem to have settled down to a low speed around 450 to 500 kb and things are a bit more stable. I never needed 8mb so as long as things stay as they are I think I will be ok. Maybe patience is the answer. It is obvious that a lot of lines are not suited to high speed.
N/A

linden i agree with you totally !!

graz, i have tried another modem, connected into the master socket and still getting disconnected about every 15 minutes during the night. Its them not my setup.

jes x
N/A

well looking at your attenuation a shielded RJ-11 cable might help you slightly, but i understand what you are experiencing at night, i too experience disconnections due to my SNR, but ive done everything i can on my end, new router, shielded cabling, after-market microfilter, tried the test socket, ring disconnect, alsorts, i cant get my SNR to go up anymore, anything else causing problems is from outside the house.
N/A

i had very similar problems
issued tickets- standard replies
raised with bt
no 'problem'
then had to start merry go round again
got fed up, moved to aol
very happy indeed