cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: Exchange checker and missing Service notices

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I just lost sync which hasn't happened to my connection in about 8 months so was looking at the Exchange checker and noticed the Service/Maintenance notices are no longer listed. was looking to see if BT where working on it, if not then to find out why I lost sync.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
2 REPLIES
N/A

As per the notice on the front page of the Usertools website, these have been withdrawn from service.

For some months now, BT have removed needed information to tie an incoming PEW report (Planned Engineering Works notice) to the exchanges incolved.

These notices included area codes for the work involved. Using the same system that would pick your exchange from your phone number, we could detect the exchange (in some cases, they didn't always match, so where left off to the side).

PEW information still comes in, but not in any way we can perform exchange matching. They simply refer ISPs to actuate to get information on who the works will effect. Actuate is part of the ordering system, which only ISPs have access too.

Because of this lack of information, all exchanges ahve been showing green, and have had no historical data for some time. So the code used to display the detail has just been truned off.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ho hum well my fault for direct linking, I've not looked at the front page in months. Guess I'll wait and watch the utilisations graphs for a drop at 5.12 pm
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017